wellbutrinXL - weight gain anyone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tilla, Nov 11, 2005.

1. tilla

tilla New Member

I am coming off cymbalta as the weight gain is killing me and my heart rate is too fast. I want to be on something. Cymbalta really does help with pain. I have tried Wellbutrin before but wondered if anyone has gained weight with it. I may try taking it every other day.

Help.

Tilla
  2. vickiw

vickiw Member

Hi Tilla,

I took it for 3 1/2 weeks and had little appetite. I lost a few pounds during that time. 3 pounds in the last 5 days that I took it. It helped that I stopped eating sugar and white flour at the same time (for health reasons, not to diet).

I wasn't on it for depression, but for occasional anxiety and I decided I'd rather handle the anxiety in other ways.

Vicki
  3. kalaya

kalaya New Member

Tried wellbutrin once in the hope that it could inject a bit of energy but my hopes went unfulfilled.I do remember losing weight on it though and not due to decreased appetite but what I believe was a metabolism that was excellerated enough to cause me to drop weight quickly.God bless.
  4. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

Tilla-

I gained about 15 lbs when I became very ill in March. About 3 months ago I went on Wellbutrin XL and have since lost the 15 lbs. It definitely cut my appetite, but I still eat a healthy amount of food. I haven't lost any significant amount more than what I had gained this year.

I haven't had too many problems with it either. I think you can search some of my old posts with Wellbutrin in the title, I know I've written about it before.

Take Care,
    GoAskAlice
  5. tilla

tilla New Member

Your answers have really helped me to decide to stay on wellbutrin. I have found my appetite is less and now I can be confident that it is the medication.

THANKS!!!!!

Tilla