WENT AWAY FOR THE WEEKEND GUESS WHAT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by myalgiamania, Aug 27, 2006.

1. myalgiamania

myalgiamania New Member

WENT AWAY FOR THE WEEKEND AND GUESS WHAT, Friday i did my best to pack and get things ready. of course there was fighting. I rarely go anywhere because of fibro. my family still wants me to be the same perfect mom as always. of course i could do it all before...so why can't i do it now. well we made it to the church camp and thank God we stayed in the hotel building rather than a cabin with bunk beds, or a tent. the bed was comfortable and we had our own bathroom. I managed to walk some trails with my husband. it was difficult and it's a good thing i have a cane or i wouldn't have made it. it felt good to get away as a family, my sons are 14 and 16. I know everyone else was shocked to see me with a cane cause i don't bring it to church. i'm very sore today though. my doctor has added Balacet 325mg every 4 hours along with 2 tramadol. it helped but i still may need to get something stronger. BEING OUTDOORS HELPED MY SPIRIT. I FELT CLOSE TO GOD AND TO MY FAMILY. IT WAS WORTH THE EFFORT.
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Yes, connecting with nature is VERY important! It is the best place to be able to see things from a different view, or think. It's a place to recharge and unload.

The traditionals say that mother nature cleans us and recharges us. It is true!

I'm glad you had a good time, SOMETIMES it's worth pain afterwords just for the priceless feeling it gives while being out and about.
  3. myalgiamania

myalgiamania New Member

YOU ARE SO RIGHT. i used to have so much energy. my mom used to say i was so hyper, and my dad always told me to slow down. well i have no choice now. but i need to also choose not to let it rule my life. i have to make some changes but like you said, its worth the pain to still feel like i am alive in this world.
  4. Great, sometimes even with all we deal with pain etc.from this dd we have to force ourselves to enjoy the day and go out for a change.
  5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

That is wonderful.
    Nature always makes me feel close to God
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

hi:

You take care and keep this taken care of, no matter how many doctors ==it is worth a try.

nyrofan
  7. myalgiamania

myalgiamania New Member

JUST HEARING THE WONDERFUL THINGS EVERYONE WRITES MAKES ME FEEL BETTER. IT'S GOOD TO KNOW I AM NOT ALONE. I LOVE BEING OUT IN NATURE. MY DAD ALWAYS GOT US OUTSIDE. EVEN IN THE COLD OF WINTER WE'D GO ICE FISHING, SLIDING, SKATING ETC. IT HELPED HIM WHEN MY MOM DIED 20 YEARS AGO AND HE JUST WANTED TO DIE ALONG WITH HER. I'M SO GLAD HE IS STILL HERE FOR US. KEEP IN GOD'S STRENGTH.
  8. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Hubby, puppy and I are headed to Montana for the Labor Day weekend to camp (in a tent) on our lot at Big Sky. You should see all the padding we're bringing for my ole aching body! I used to be able to sleep on the ground in a sleeping bag with no padding at all!

It should be beautiful up there at this time of year. And yes, being close to nature certainly lifts my spirits, even when I'm in pain.

Thanks for sharing your story,
    Mini
  9. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I always found that when vacation times came around, it helped to have a "plan B" that my family agreed to for times when I felt I just couldn't do the more physical things they wanted to. For example, I'd plan to hike, but if I got up that morning and really felt I just couldn't do it, my family could still go without me and I would stay back, rest, and hope the next day was better. And I asked my family to agree to not make me feel guilty if I needed to stay back.

But guess what? I almost never needed to go to "plan B"...you are so right, there's something about being outdoors in the fresh air that's invigorating for both body and spirit. But even though I seldom needed it, having "plan B" there---just in case---made me feel so much less anxious.

I'm so glad you had an enjoyable time! And I also think you are wise to do weekend things, instead of two-week vacations that really tax our bodies. Smart to keep it shorter, so you can recover from your soreness afterward.

Hope you have more such weekends!

Hugs,
    Pam
  10. myalgiamania

myalgiamania New Member

THANKS TO YOU ALL. I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT BEING ABLE TO SLEEP ON THE GROUND AND NOW NEEDING LOTS OF PADDING. IN FACT ONLY 1 YEAR AGO WE CAMPED IN A TENT, ON AN AIR MATTRESS AND IT WASN'T BAD. NOW I DON'T THINK I COULD GET UP WITHOUT SOME HELP. AND I WOULD BE VERY SORE IN THE MORNING. WE USED TO FLY AND GO FOR TWO WEEKS AND I USED TO PACK FOR EVERYONE. IT WAS SO EXCITING. NOW A WEEKEND IS ENOUGH, EVERYONE PACKS FOR THEMSELVES, AND I DON'T WANT TO FLY ANYMORE. I'D RATHER STAY HOME THAN GO THROUGH ALL OF THE HASSLE. WELL FUN IS DIFFERENT NOW BUT IT'S WORTH THE EFFORT TO BE OUT IN NATURE. (DISNEY WORLD IS NOT ON MY LIST ANYMORE...OH WELL.