Went back to the rheumy today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hatbox121, May 18, 2009.

1. hatbox121

hatbox121 New Member

So I went to the rheumy today. She added trazadone to my list of meds. She also sent me for some blood work. A CBC, D, Plt, and ESR Wes. Also a complete metabolic panel. She believes that yes, I do have FM. BUT she thinks I also have something else. The dx codes for my lab work was for polyarthritis NOS, whatever that is, and high risk meds. She was wanting to know if I'd already had a work up for the SI joint dysfunction and I told her yes. MRIs etc. I told her about the white lesions on the mris and areas of increased signaling and etc. She requested all of my MRI and nerve conduction studies from two of my doctors. I go back in two months to recheck. I didn't realize it was going to be that long between visits until I was leaving. Why two months? I don't know. I'm hoping that if she does find something that she thinks is serious, she'll go ahead and call me in or send me for my tests insead of waiting until I go back.
  2. hatbox121

hatbox121 New Member

I do have OA in my shoulder and wrist. She dxed me with that last time. My joints aren't really swollen but very stiff. Well, I say that, but my wedding ring sometimes falls off and sometimes gets stuck. I guess they do swell. Hmmm. I also have quite a few symptoms that are not in line with any of my diseases that's known. I do have a rash on my face as well as petchial rash on my legs along with many other odd things. She's looking into a few things I believe. She didn't really tell me what she was thinking but then I guess she wants to wait on labs and to look at my MRIs and other CTs and stuff to tell me. I guess she doesn't want to freak me out. I do have the white lesions and a "butterfly"-like rash so who knows what she's thinking. Thankfully though she didn't just throw everything into the FM basket like alot of drs do. She did not do an RA panel though.
  3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I wanted to pass along some information to you.

It is important for you to know that a chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection can cause white lesions in the brain.

It can also cause joint pain and swelling and many, many other symptoms.

Many people with this chronic infection are misdiagnosed with other illnesses such as RA, MS, lupus, fibromyalgia and CFS.

It is interesting to note that all of those illnesses have no known cause.

It is common sense that everything has a cause and often times it is infectious.

FMS and CFS are just sets of symptoms that are given a name and then proclaimed to have no known cause.

Dr's do not bother to look for the cause. They only treat the symptoms for the rest of your life, which usually get worse with time.

Unfortunately 99% of Dr's know nothing about how to recognize, diagnose or treat this chronic infection.

After 21 years I had to do my own research and discovered that I had a chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection, also known as lyme. I also have Bartonella.

Take a look at the info in the following links.......

The symptom list in the above link is on pages 9-11. Info about coinfections is on pages 22-27.
    The entire paper has alot of very important info.

The symptom list in the above link is near the back of the booklet.

Have you had a western blot IgG and IgM through Igenex lab in CA? www.igenex.com

The lyme ELISA and western blots through other labs (which is what most Dr's use) are incomplete and inaccurate.

Unfortuately, most Dr's use those tests which return negative results most of the time and then they say lyme has been ruled out.

Lyme is a clinical diagnosis based on history and symptoms. It is never ruled out by just a lab test.

Many, many people here who were initially diagnosed with FMS or CFS later found out they had a chronic borrelia burgodrferi infection and associated coinfections like babesia, bartonella and ehrlichia.

Let me know if I can help you further.

Feel free to leave a post for me on the lyme board anytime.

I hope you get answers and recover.
  4. hatbox121

hatbox121 New Member

It is Unspecified inflammatory polyarthropathy. The lesions were on a non contrast MRI. The radiologist called them white matter lesions. My neuro at the time was looking for reasons for neuropthy. He was "unconcerned". Hopefully she'll give me a better answer. I have not had a spinal tap. I have not had a RA panel in at least 8 or so years. I plan on calling back in at least three weeks if I haven't heard anything. I'm hoping that if she does suspect anything serious, she'll go ahead and send me for testing instead of waiting until my next appt to send me. We already knew about the OA. She dxed that 9 months ago so I can't see as how she'd be running tests for that. I don't know that though, not a dr.
    Sorry I forgot who said something about the lyme. I have had lyme tests done about 10 years ago. It's worth looking into again though. I don't know what kind of test they did then though. It's been too long for me to remember.
    Thanks for all of the responses!