Went Camping

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Greenbean7, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Well, I did it! I actually stayed well enough to go this time!

We went about 50 miles from home to Crow Butte on the Columbia River. This was the first time we had stayed in a campground, we usually just find a place where we can be alone. We will probably go back to Crow Butte but not until late September or October when there won't be so many people.

I made it down to the water a couple times and let Rey play and romp and chase the tennis ball. When we got there on Friday we took both dogs to the water and they had a great time chasing a stick and each other, the water was only about 18 inches deep for around 30 ft from shore so they didn't really have to swim unless they went further out than that, which, of course, Rey did a couple times.

Aster was so sore after that first time that she spent the rest of the weekend mostly in the motorhome or hooked to the picnic table. She had trouble getting in and out of the motorhome and sat up in my seat a lot with her head hanging over the back. She even slept that way. The only picture I took was of her sitting in the seat that way!

Rey and I went to the water on Saturday and people we had met were at the spot we chose. Rey was in heaven. First he waded in and laid down and then started meeting everyone on the little beach and in the water. Perfect place for kids because the water is so shallow for so far out. The other people kept calling Rey over and throwing the ball for him so I didn't have to worry about him being a pest.

Other than that I spent most of my time in a lawn chair either reading or stripping the bark off a diamond willow walking stick I bought a couple years ago. It's all ready to carve now!

We set up the dart board and played a few games, DH beat me 5 out of 6!

It was very relaxing. We got home around 10:30 yesterday morning so had time to clean out the motorhome and do some laundry.

I'm very tired and sore from sleeping on a different bed, walking quite a bit (for me anyway) and going up and down the two steps into the motorhome so much. But it was all worth it and I can hardly wait to go again. We are going to drive up to the mountains this weekend and check out some places we might want to try the weekend of the 24th. Then we will stay home Labor Day weekend, too many people out and about.

So I had a wonderful time and wanted to share!

Stop and smell the (wet) puppies!

PS - Forgot to mention! Saw three deer, a doe with two half grown fawns, and a jack rabbit! Never saw a jack rabbit before, just cotton tails. That's one big rabbit!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/13/2007]
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Kool! I'm Glad it was a Great time for you and Dh! You actualy did it! Sounds like Rey had a Great time toooo! Aster Tried! Cute about the seat thing! ,,,,,,,,,,,

I'm Happy for you!,,,Wild life Yea! Never seen a Jack Rabbit! Bet that was neat!,,,,,,,,,,My dad Has a Diamond willow Cane It's Beautiful! Carved and Varnished,,,,,Someone sent it to him from back east,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,Sis
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

...and so did the pups! (-:

Ah, yes! The day after camping requires so much cleanup, but it is always worth it.

DH and I (and Felix, of course) are going RVing next week. I can hardly wait. The RV place is about an hour south, has a pool and the river is just across the road. Jim can play golf, we can ride bikes, and sit and relax in the sun. Felix has a new area to sniff. Such a funny cat.

Hope you are feeling better and so glad you had such a great time. Sounds great to me.

4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Sounds like you had a great time.

My grandmother used to say, "Glad to go...and glad to get back."