Went Off My Doxycycline Today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

As those of y'all know who have followed my treatment with antibiotics for chronic mycoplasma infection, I have tried over the last year unsuccessfully to cycle off the Doxy. The symptoms have always returned in 3-4 days and I have had to go back on the medication.

I felt really well yesterday and today when I got up, so I decided to try to cycle off again and see what happens. I'll let y'all know if I am finally successful this time.

Love, Mikie
  2. KailaK

KailaK New Member

Mikie

I appreciate the update. What started my decline in health 22 years ago was a mycoplasma infection. Were you symptom free when on Doxycycline?

Good luck with your plan of getting off the antibiotic. I look forward to your progress report. :)
    [This Message was Edited on 02/01/2003]
  3. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I love the way you talk about your wife - "my lovely bride" - that is soooooo romantic! You two sound so sweet - does she know how lucky she is to have such a wonderful husband? You tell her I said so.......

Annette2 :)
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate your good wishes and encouragement.

Kailak, the Guai has pretty much helped with my pain. I have pain every day, just like everyone else, but I seldome every have to take anything for it now. I have times when I feel fatigued but nothing like it was two years ago when I was bedridden for days on end.

When I'm on the Doxy, my IBS, migraine-type headaches, chronic sore throat, and swollen lymph nodes are pretty much gone. Kaliak, are you taking anything for the mycoplasma infection?

Jelly, so glad you are doing better on the Doxy. Good luck if you increase the dose.

Madwolf, antique shopping can be fun. There are so many really unusual gizmos that people used in the old days. If nothing else, you are doing something for your Sweetie that she enjoys and I know you will be the recipient of her gratitude.

Annette, yes, I agree. Spouses should treat each other like the brides and grooms they married on their wedding days.

Love, Mikie

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Dear Karen, I'm so sorry they aren't finding what's causing the tremors. My daughter got them when she was put on an SSRI. Do you remember what was contaminating the well water? Perhaps there's a clue there. It does sound like something neurological. I will keep you in my prayers.

When my symptoms return the are the same ones I mentioned above which go away when I'm on the Doxy: Migraine-type headaches, IBS, chronic sore throat, and swollen lymph nodes (and one I forgot to mention, chronic low-grade temperatures). Also, unless I get right back on the Doxy, eventually the fluish feeling and gross fatigue will return too. That happened the first time I tried to go off the Doxy for the usual two-week cycle. My doc told me from then on that the minute the symptoms started to reappear, I was to immediately get back on the Doxy.

When I am finally successful at stopping the antibiotics, I will most likely travel to one of the labs which does the testing and have the PCR DNA test to ensure the little beasties are truly gone. I will have to leave enough time for my own immune system to weed out the last of the bacteria. This is what scares me. I do hope that when I am able to stop the Doxy that all the mycoplasmas are dead and that the immune system will not have to deal with them. That is when the greatest danger of contracting an autoimmune illness exists in the treatment.

Thanks again, everyone. I really appreciate all your support.

Love, Mikie