Went off my Gluten Diet and Bad day today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

I have been on Gluten Free diet for about 2 months now, even though I do not have celiac's disease, I am allergic to wheat

Yesterday was my sister's birthday and I had the TINIEST piece of cake. Then my husband and I were sooo starved on the way home, we stopped at a hamburger place and I got a hamburger

Today, I am TOTALLY exhausted. It is 3:30 and I need to lay down for about 2 hours. I just cannot MOVE.

Could this POSSIBly be from my cheating yesterday??

Anyone have a similar experience???
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

.... on the diet and see how you feel. I'll bet it's more about the (good) stress of the birthday celebration. We forget that stress comes in both good and bad forms.

LOVE the picture. You can tell, she loves it too.

Marta
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2006]
  3. sascha

sascha Member

when i stay away from wheat and all processed foods i KNOW i function and feel better. i think you can know for yourself after a certain amount of experience what does and doesn't work for you. it sounds like you do know.

i find i almost establish a working relationship with the good foods i choose, and go along with just about no cravings. but then i succumb- two days ago i was out and wanted to celebrate something, so i bought a gluten-free tiny chocolate cake. i had it with two chocolate-covered ice-milk popsicles for my lunch. it was great in transit, but i definitely noticed a big slow-down in my energy and sense of well-being. also i bloated terribly- felt like a dirigible.

i'm just getting going on my food regimen (modified Paleo/Neanderthin.. whatever else it's called). my great snack now to tide me over is dates and raw nuts. very satisfying.

my cfids symptoms definitely are much more under control when i'm on my plan. best, sascha
  4. 2BDreamer

2BDreamer New Member

After 3 months I went off for a day and boy did it hit me hard, then after that day it was hard to get back to my diet so more bad days. I'm back on again and aside from some charlie horses one night I feel great again. I think I will not stray for awhile after that.
    dreamer