Went to a support group meeting today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by teach6, Nov 16, 2002.

1. teach6

teach6 New Member

Half the time I forget them, or the topic is of no interest so I choose not to go. However this month was an open discussion and I thought it might be interesting.

I gave out this site's addy so we may pick up a few new members. People couldn't believe how well informed I am about my illnesses. I got much of that info right here, or as a result of something I read here that spurred me to look for more info elsewhere.

I was asked to be a leader of the group, but said no because I know that my plate is full right now and it's not the time to add something else to it. It was flattering, though.

It was interesting to hear everyone's stories and see where they are in the process of accepting and dealing with their illnesses. We told one woman who said she is one or two hours late to work every day and is concerned about being laid off that she needs to file for STD on Monday so she will have that in before anyone has time to fire her and then lose the option.

The only bad thing was the meeting ran over an hour late so I totally missed my nap and didn't get home until almost six, after driving in pouring rain on overcrowded roads. I finally pulled off and took the back roads, remembering not to take the ones that always flood.

To anyone in the DC metro area I highly recommend this group. If you would like more info I can give it to you. There is also a new group in Annapolis, for those closer to there and it is led by the woman who had been leading this group. That's why she is looking for someone to take over for her.

Barbara
  2. teach6

teach6 New Member

Half the time I forget them, or the topic is of no interest so I choose not to go. However this month was an open discussion and I thought it might be interesting.

I gave out this site's addy so we may pick up a few new members. People couldn't believe how well informed I am about my illnesses. I got much of that info right here, or as a result of something I read here that spurred me to look for more info elsewhere.

I was asked to be a leader of the group, but said no because I know that my plate is full right now and it's not the time to add something else to it. It was flattering, though.

It was interesting to hear everyone's stories and see where they are in the process of accepting and dealing with their illnesses. We told one woman who said she is one or two hours late to work every day and is concerned about being laid off that she needs to file for STD on Monday so she will have that in before anyone has time to fire her and then lose the option.

The only bad thing was the meeting ran over an hour late so I totally missed my nap and didn't get home until almost six, after driving in pouring rain on overcrowded roads. I finally pulled off and took the back roads, remembering not to take the ones that always flood.

To anyone in the DC metro area I highly recommend this group. If you would like more info I can give it to you. There is also a new group in Annapolis, for those closer to there and it is led by the woman who had been leading this group. That's why she is looking for someone to take over for her.

Barbara