Went to dr for breast exam today not good

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Crispangel66, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

Well not so goog news today at the dr. He did an exam and said not only did he find mass on the right breast where the mammo showed but he also found one on the left breast too and it is bigger.

So he is sending me to a dr who does biopsies.

I am very nervous about this, Just help me in praying that everything will be okay.

Thanks Pamela
    [This Message was Edited on 01/30/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 01/30/2007]
  2. gumama

gumama New Member

I just wanted to tell you that I am a 9 year Breast Cancer survivor ..doing the Biopsy is the right thing to do..

Remember that many of these " masses" are Benign.. I did a lumpectomy and my tumor was smaller when they got in there than the Mammogram showed... My Cancer was stage 1.. I did 6 weeks of Radiation and I'm fine..

My prayers are with you that the news will be good when they do the biopsy...

gumama
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I know this is hard; it would be for any of us. I just want you to know that you are in my thoughts and I hope it turns out well. A very large percentage of lumps are benign.

Kathy
  4. springlakeorphan

springlakeorphan New Member

My prayers are with you always. Mary
  5. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I sure appreciate all your thoughts and prayers.

It makes me feel good to hear from a breast cancer survivor.

I hope if I do have cancer it is stage one or two.

My Mom's was stage 5 already, she had it in her lymph nodes and bones.

I am sorry it had took me this long to get back to ya'll, after I gave ya'll the news I went to bed and Just now woke again and I'm about to go back to sleep.

I have been feeling blah anyway and now I feel worse.

Plus my blood sugar has been high.

Thanks Pamela

Thnaks again to all of you
  6. cactusannie

cactusannie New Member

I found a small lump in my left breast in 1998, about the size of a pea.
    I went to my Dr. who wanted to remove it right there in the office.
    My mother was not doing well with her cancer as it had spread to her bones, and I wasn't taking any chances.
    I refused to let him do anything except biopsy it.
    The biopsy came back inconclusive.

My girlfriend was going through chemo & radiation at the time, and was scheduling reconstructive surgery, so I asked for her Dr.
    I got in to see him pretty quickly.
    He decided it had to come out, and quickly made the arrangements.
    By the time it was removed, it had grown to the size of a tennis ball. It was still inconclusive.
    It did take alot off my shoulders having it taken out. Just the thought of having it there puts major stress on a body's mind.I think it has to do with not knowing.

All the worrying in the world just makes you tense, stresses you out, and takes the joy from your day.

Put it in the Good Lord's hands and he will take it from there.

My prayers are with you.
    Peace be with you.
  7. maggiemae55

maggiemae55 New Member

Pray for a conclusive diagnosis. I am sure it is agony waiting for everything to go forward.

It is nice to hear other's stories as well. I have several friends who had breast cancer and all have passed the 5 yr mark.

Will continue to pray for you.

Warmly,
    maggie
  8. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

I went through something similar last summer. I had to do a needle guided sonogram biopsy (not sure if that's the exact name for it) Anyway, you get to watch the needle go into the lump and it pulls out part of it so it can be tested. Then they inject a little metal piece (the size of a seseme seed) into the spot for future reference. It wasn't painful and was interesting to watch.

They assured me that 80 percent of these come back negative.

I got the results a few days later. It was benin!

Keeping you in my thoughts. Waiting for results is the worst part.

Keep us posted...
    Mini
  9. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

Pam,

I hope all turns out okay for you. My mother had breast cancer quite a few years back & had to have a single masectomy. Probably not the news you wanted to hear, but to end this on a good note she is alive in remission & doing well as far as that is concerned.

I will be praying for you.

Fungirl
  10. pam_d

pam_d New Member

My prayers are with you! I hope whatever's going on is benign. I had cancer this past year (not breast) and I know how devastating that dx can be. My mom's a twelve-year breast cancer survivor, though, so there's a lot of hope even if your worst fears are realized. But I certainly hope not!!

Keep us posted, and know our thoughts and prayers are going out to you!

Hugs,
    Pam
  11. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you! I hope things turn out well. Sounds like a lot of encouraging news here with many people situations turning out fine...and with 80% of masses being benign. Praying for you to be in that 80%!

Take Care!
    Pam
  12. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Oh how disturbing for you. I have to tell you I had a similar incident 27 years ago and mine did turn out to be benign and I was told at the time that 80% are, and nowadays due to better mammos they pick up even more lumps than ever.

Praying for you and fingers and toes crossed.

Love Annie Cromwell