Went to Hypnosis on the 3rd no cigs. in 6 days

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kmcerio, Apr 8, 2006.

1. kmcerio

kmcerio New Member

Well I said I'd let all of you know how I made out. I smoked for 38 yrs. and I never thought I'd be able to quit but here I am 6 days later and haven't had a cig. Oh trust me if someone came up to me and handed me one I'd smoke it in a heart beat. I have good days and bad days now yesterday I had a MAD day. I was so mad that I had to quit as I truely loved smoking (but I understand that if I don't quit I won't be able to breath/personal health reasons for me unfortunately) any ways I have been sucking on hard candy and am getting through it. I yruely feel the hypnotist was a success. I have a custom CD he made me that I listen to everynight so that I can self hypnotise myself and it does work. I have good friends standing in line to go to this guy to quit if it worked for me and god knows theres nobody who loved them any more than me. So girls go do your research, find a good reputive hypnptist or if you can.t find one let me know and I will give you the name of mine or he probably might know of one where you live. To get ahold of me check my profile. Best of luck to all of you and I appreciated all your prayers when I quit I truely believe they helped me. Thanks Karen
  2. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I had to quit in 1997 so that I could have reconstruction surgery caused by breast cancer. It is a very difficult thing to do but it can be done and I am very proud of you.

I had quit many times before but I had to remember that I am an addict to nicotine. It is a drug. I can't have just one. By treating it as the true drug it is, I never "picked up" again.

Good luck to you!
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Karen:
    A job well done! I smoked from a teenager up until I was 52.
    Now I am smoke free for four years. I used to be a two pack a day gal. I did it by weaning myself off of it and smoking a brand that was not my favorite.

Now I always have some water or diet soda on hand. It used to be candy and I found that the water/diet soda/any non-alcholic drink works just as well. At least for me it did.

Six days is wonderful. I have heard that the nicotime is out of your system in five days. I do not know if this is true, but I do believe it is easy to stop, but harder to stay stopped. Keep the faith!

nyrofan