WENT TO INDY 500 - NOW I'M IN PAIN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Annette2, May 26, 2003.

1. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

My husband got us free tickets to the Indy 500 race so off we went yesterday. Got up at 6:00 a.m., parked the car at 7:00 and walked about 20 blocks to the track. We entered through the North Gate and found that our seats are at the South Gate - the track is 2 1/2 miles long! It took us almost 1/2 to get to our seats! It was exciting to be there and see all the people. Ex-presidents Bush and Clinton were there, as were many young military people who were honored. Florence Henderson sang and so did Jim Nabors and Wynonna (Judd). The race was very exciting!!!! It started at 11:00 and was over about 2:30. Then we walked back up through the track and to our car. When we got home I took a nice, hot bath and felt okay. But today.....PAIN, PAIN and more PAIN! I'm exhausted and my left hip and leg are killing me! I know I walked a lot, but I used to be able to do this with no problems. I feel drugged-out today! I have to go to work tomorrow and hope I feel better. Today (Memorial Day) I'm just sitting home, taking it easy and relaxing. My doctor appt. is this week and I get the results of my thyroid tests. The never-ending saga of a "fibromite"!!!!

Annette2
  2. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

You went to the INDY 500 ! I doubt I would even attempt something like that.
    I would have loved to have heard Wynonna !

Sorry you are paying for it today but good for you for going :)

Hope you are better tomorrow :)
  3. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I would love to go to a nascar race so I could see Dale Earnhardt Jr race just one time and my life dream will be answered. Financially its not going to happen so I settle for TV. LOL
    Carlacat
  4. granmama

granmama New Member

Just thinking about the walk from the car to the seats tires me out. I would imagine you are in pain!!
    Nascar came to Texas Motors Speedway in March and it would have been nice to go, husband and son have been twice.

Oh and Carlacat...my husband loves Jr too! Sorry, I'm a #6 fan, ole Mark Martin! Son likes Kevin Harvick & Jr.

I like the night races, they don't interfere with afternoon naps.
    Hope you are feeling better Annette.
    granmama
  5. mumsiej

mumsiej New Member

Hi Annette,

I have been to the both the Indy 500 and the Time Trials several times--but that was pre-fibro. Just thinking about going makes me feel pain--good grief, besides the long walk, how did you ever sit on those hard bleachers and people bumping into you constantly?

I call FM and CFS the Payback diseases--overextend and you have payback.. I am glad you were able to attend that fantastic sports event but sad about the dues you are now paying.

But you know, we need some normalcy in our lives and there are times when I do something I know I shouldn't
    .-- but I am willing to take the payback just so I can have some fun and enjoyment inn my life.

Mumsiej
  6. swred5

swred5 New Member

My husband and I were able to go to the Nascar race in Las Vegas this year, and was it fun while we were doing it! We live in Arizona, so we had a long car ride, and a couple of nights on a strange bed, added to all of the walking we did when we went to the Qualifying & the Race itself. By the time we got home, I was dying for a week. It sure was worth it tho! Go Bobby Labonte!! lol.