Went to Neurologist today –

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bailey-smom, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

We talked about the Cymbalta and how that works to take away the burning until about 11:00 am. He said we could increase this but we will wait until my next visit. He was OK with the Tramadol I have been taking. I asked if I could take another Mobic – he said no – lol, I knew he would say no.

He changed my Ambien to a different pill to help with sleep and he said that pill will also help with pain – this is why he wants to wait with the increase in Cymbalta and does not want to give me anything else for pain right now.

He left my Topomax the same as it seems to help with the number of headaches and the severity of the pain when I do get them. I’m just glad I don’t have them everyday now.

I told him that my prescriptions were over $600 last month and I begged a bunch of samples off him – he gave me a whole bag full. He said that the new pill for sleep should save about $100 as well:) I wish there were places out there that did not look at your income to help with drug costs – so far every place I have looked or called has asked if my income is under $2000 and if it is more I do not qualify.

Have a great week!
    Kelly
  2. kalaya

kalaya New Member

3. sunnywey

sunnywey New Member

What did he change your Ambien to - that helps with pain?
    Thanks!
  4. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

that Trazodone would help.

When I went onto Web MD it says that it is an antidepressant that can be used for sleeplessness and tension or to treat chronic pain.

I will see how it helps. I wanted to wait until tonight to take the first one because tomorrow I do not work.

Kelly