Went to See Dr Small today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dawnt, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Dawnt

Dawnt Member

WOW! is all I have to say. I've waited about 2 1/2 months for an appointment with this Doctor and I just want to jump and dance or something (if I could).

I've seen many doctors over the years (searching for something to help) and they all send me away with somewhat the same prescriptions, with many refills, and an appointment for a return $$$$$ visit.

Dr. Small definatley knows what he is doing and understands many different auto immune disorders. I had to get blood drawn for him and the woman that took my blood at the blood clinic said this man will "find" what is wrong with you and help you! If she had insurance that he took, she would be his patient. (She doesn't work for him she was at a lab I went to, to get the blood drawn.)

He also told me about a new study they were doing in Texas that they take the blood from the patient and use their antibodies to fight this disease. There are stipulations to this test and I will update later about it, once I learn more about it. But he said it's really doing wonders with treating CFS and Fibro.

I don't want to write an essay (there is so much more I want to say about this visit) but I'll update in about 2 weeks when I go back to him. I just wanted to say I found him on this boards "Doctor Referral" and I'm SOO HAPPY I DiD!

Dawn

2. deliarose

deliarose New Member

Encouraging news. Can I ask where Dr. Small's practice is?
    And is there anywhere we can learn more about this study?
    Cheers
    Delia
  3. Dawnt

Dawnt Member

Dr. Small has offices from Bradenton to Port Charlotte. I saw him in Sarasota. In the Doctor Referral here, someone had wrote, definately worth a vacation to Florida to see him. They were definately right. I have to call him today with some information he requested and he'll tell me the link for this study. I'll follow up later.
    Dawn
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

to have a doctor who understands what you're going through and is willing to help.

The new study sounds exciting, please keep us updated.

Rosie