Went to see the Moscow City Ballet last night.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosiebud, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

It was Swanlake, my first ballet and it was absolutely wonderful. Never seen anything like it. All those beautiful little dancers from Russia and how they could dance.

I had only ever seen ballet on tv and found it very boring but in reality, with the brilliant music, it was awesome.

I've had tickets for shows before and not been able to go because I've been too ill so I was lucky.

love
    Rosie

2. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I saw the Nut Cracker in Houston several years ago. Like you said, it's a world of difference when you see it in person with the orchestra and all.

We have a nice theater here where I live ( it's called the Perot Theater, named after Ross Perot since he's from here) and we get some good performers even though we're not a big city. My sister-in-law works in the box office, so she is able to get tickets for me when they first come out. As much as I enjoy going, those small hard seats are murder. They have restored the theater to be just like it was in the old days. A person with FM is not suited for old theater seats! I went to see CATS a few weeks ago, and as much as I was enjoying it, I honestly thought I was going to scream before it was over.

I told my sister-in-law how much I enjoyed it, but I almost died of pain with no leg room, etc. She looked at me like I was crazy. Nobody understands us!

I've got tickets for something in March, and all I can think about are those darn seats! I hate to give up going altogether.

Glad you had a good time at the ballet.

Kinsie
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

the theatre I was at is old too and my butt was killing me so was my daughters, she has CFS too but my son's girlfriend was the same and she's a young, healthy specimen.

Yes all those old places need to have their seats upholstered but I suppose they dont have the money. I'd love to see Nutcracker too.

Alika - thanks, feeling wiped out today but I expected that. I pay for everything I do but I'm just glad I was able to go.

love
    Rosie
    [This Message was Edited on 02/02/2006]
  4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

and I can honestly say, they were the best dancers I'd ever seen. Everything was so beautifully done, the costumes, the dancing, it took my breath away. I went with my young daughter, who was in ballet at the time, and I know she loved it too. Glad you got to go! Love, Terri
  5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I try to catch a few shows a year. Sometimes it backfires though because tickets cant be cancelled and I am too ill to go. I just pass ticket on to someone else though.

I'm in house so much that I decided I would try to have a few outings a year to something I would enjoy.

love
    Rosie
  6. kch64

kch64 New Member

I bet it was beautiful. Takes you mind off your troubles for awhile.

Kendra