Went to the chiro then for a Massage...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Hi friends - I know alot of you already do this, but for those who don't, I just wanted to let you know.... I have put off the chiro, thinking he could not help me and I already feel like I am going to break in 2.. sooooo was a little nervous about it.

My hubby and I went out of town (this past weekend). Friday my hubby scheduled me (and him) to see the chiro before we left (he is religous about going). I went and he really could not adjust me much but did some stim on me. He wants to draw it out (he also noticed I was very tense) and does not want to stress or hurt me. It will take a few weeks of working on to get a better effect. When he felt my muscles he asked my husband what the heck he has done to me and why he was stressing me so much (hubby said "it was the kids")

Saturday, we had massages at the hotel we were at. I woke up a little sore from the adjustment on Friday, but then had that wonderful massage. I have really noticed a difference!

I cannot afford to get massages as often, but boy did it "hurt so good". I feel like the combo of the two were very beneficial. I cannot say I am pain free at ALL, but it certainly helped quite a bit. I will go back tonight for another adjustment.

I am so sorry, my brain is ... well... a bit foggy today and I am rambeling on....

My point is, I would hope some of you could try it for a little relief. The chiro is only a copay for me, as I had a referral. I wish the massage was paid for, but I am really going to try to keep up with it once in a while.

On another note ... I thought of you all while away... I was in the mountains and I took some beautiful pictures from the top of the mountain and wanted to share it with you all. I thought we all needed to enjoy that, if only in a picture. It was breath taking. I hope to post those soon.

Anyway - if you are still with me, thanks for reading. Sending love your way.

Hugs
    Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 10/24/2006]
  2. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Yes - Hi again Prickles.... My thoughts exactly... I want a GOOD one. The one that really gets in those muscles. Let me know if you come up with one that seems good. I will look for some too and let you know.

This would probably be worth investing in.... Sounds good RIGHT NOW!

Hugs
    Kim
  3. suz45

suz45 New Member

Hi Kimba:

Glad to hear you had a positive experience with the chiro/massage. I used to see an osteopath for manipulations, however my new PCP is an MD (good one) and referred me to a chiro when he checked the knots in my back/hip and shoulder. He acknowledged he could give me meds, however I will only take them short term so he was very open to a referral.

My chiro I have been seeing since 1st week of september on a regular basis is great. Does not over crunch, uses mostlt low velocity and trigger point release techniques, as well as flexion distraction which streches out the back and hip muscles. So far my flare is finally getting better. I see him again tommorow and basically he leaves it up to me as to how often I need to be seen. At this point I'm uo to every 2-3 weeks. He will however see me as needed should I flare. Seems to understand FMS/MPS and communicates well. Acknowledges that there are no"experts" but alot of theories on treatment. Hopefully you too will continue to have a good experience. I think that chiros have been underutilized for these disorders and I have been doing alot of research.

Good luck with the chiro,

Suz45
  4. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

hi suz... Yes, am glad you have such good experiences!! Mine seems to know about FM, so I will see if he has any other tips for me. Sounds like you have a great support system (doctor wise), I am very happy to hear that.
    I will ask about some of the methods you mentioned.... sounds like that would help a great deal.

Thanks alot - Take Care!
    Kim