Went to the Doc - oh happy day!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BonBon11, May 12, 2003.

1. BonBon11

BonBon11 New Member

Hi Everyone,

I just have to let you know that this past week I went to see a cardiologist (PCP is just covering some bases with my fatigue). Anyway, as I talked to the Cardiologist and told him what was happening - he said to me... "did anyone ever tell you that you may have something called Fibromyalgia?". I couldn't belive it! He didn't think I was NUTS! He told me there are some drugs that may be able to aliviate some of my pain. He is going to call my PCP to confirm diagnoses - he thinks it is an obvious case (and he's a cardio doc!). He is also going to refer me to someone who specializes in FM so I can get help. Anyway, maybe it's time for me to resolve to the fact that I have this and now work on getting better. I can't live with pain anymore and the thought of something possibly to relieve it is a Godsend. Just yesterday my three year old fell in a ditch with his bike and got his foot stcuk in the wheel. I couldn't lift him out....... something so simple was so hard. It really made me cry - how can I be a good mom if I can't rescue my children? It makes me nervous. God Bless all of you who live with this pain... atleast maybe there is some hope. And alteast I'm not crazy.

BonBon11
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Bon Bon, welcome to the board. Good to hear you have found a doctor that is willing to listen to you, hopefully they can help you get the pain under control.

Don't worry about raising your children, I raised three, and ran a child care center for ten years with FM. You do what you have to do no matter how you feel.

It made my children more compassionate people for having a Mother that needed a little help from them. Plus they learned how to do things others had to learn when they became adults! Like washing their own clothes, mowing the lawn, keeping their rooms clean, clean up their own mess, putting out the garbage, helping with the groceries,the shopping, etc.

I have had FM for over 20 years, so am an old hand at handling the pain. It can be done, but you need to change your lifestyle somewhat.

Learn what makes it worst, and learn to rest more. Biggest of all, try to stay stress free as possible.

Take care, and let us know what the new doc has to say.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Welcome to our board. Once you start getting some help for your illness, you may eventually get to the point where you can get some strength back. It takes time and determination, but it's possible.

I was practically bedridden 2 1/2 years ago and now I am getting ready to go back to work. I exercise and can lift pretty heavy things unless I'm flaring. Good luck to you. You have come to the right place.

Love, Mikie
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

What a lucky gal you are! To have found a doctor who is compassionate, a "believer" (even if it's not his specialty), and willing to follow thru with finding the right treatment for you! Well, you are on your way now----I've never had this experience with a doctor....

Good luck---there IS hope....

Hugs,
    Pam