Went to the Doctor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Ellieneiva, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Ellieneiva

Ellieneiva New Member

I was surprised that she listened to me and totally believed everything I was saying!
    Shocked! I am starting on Lunesta and I can't wait until tonight to see if I get some normal sleep.
    She is sending me to a fibro doctor and she said he might put my one some medation I believe it starts with a M? and might make me sleepy? I really don't want anything for pain, it's for the lack of sleep and drained feeling I have all the time. If they had something out there that I could take that would make me better then I would be interested, I am taking natural supplements and will take some time to tell if they work or not.
  2. jmq

jmq New Member

that at least your doc is trying to get you on the right path. That is a big step. You are right about the sleep. I am taking Ambien Cr. It is hit and miss as to when it works. At least when it works, I get some good rest. My pain however has not decreased...so I am not one to talk to.

Hope you get some answers soon...

take care and sweet dreams I hope!
    jmq
  3. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi ellie, glad you found someone that is willing to help!
    the med she mentioned might be "mirapex" and if you google "mirapex in fibromyalgia" you will see some impressive results on a study done with this (medscape), on pretty severe patients.
    whatever they try--at least they will try!
    good luck--L