Went to the pain clinic

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lighthouselady, Oct 12, 2006.

1. lighthouselady

lighthouselady New Member

Yesterday was my appt at the Pain clinic. I was blessed with a very understanding and empathetic doctor. He listened, explained sympathetized with me. He told me that I had a lot going on in my spine, many problems. We are tackling one of the first with a transforaminal epidural block, slightly different than the last one I had. Possibly facet blocks after that. He told me that he can't get rid of my pain but will help me to deal with it better. Since my first rheumy moved away 3 years ago, I feel I am finally being understood.

Judy
  2. Aghllw

Aghllw New Member

Congrats Judy!! I have been seeing a pain management dr for 1 1/2 years now and I love him! I am excited for you to find someone that will listen and has a plan to help you!

Bless you!

Lisa
  3. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

so glad you got some help - I know it feels good to be understood!
    Do you know what is involved in the transforaminal epidural block? I was wondering what the process is. I have not heard of this.
    Good Luck to you!
    Hugs
    Kim
  4. lighthouselady

lighthouselady New Member

Either Google the term or go to spine universe, they have a real good explanation for it. It's much like the regular epidural block but they go in a different way. Now if my SSDI would come through, life would be a "little" easier.

Judy
  5. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

It's always good to hear some good news for a change.
    So happy for you!
    Mini

[ advertisement ]