Went to visit husband yesterday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jadibeler, Jul 23, 2003.

1. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

and I'm suffering from 2 days of extreme stress and exertion. I don't know if I can make the hour long trip today, especially since the area is full of thunderstorms. I don't fancy driving a 70-mph highway in the rain.

However, Bob was pretty chipper yesterday, joking with his nurses & housekeepers. But he was still very pale and his blood pressure was only 103/62. He's on clear liquid diet. I don't see him getting out of the hospital in record time, but I sure hope he's not there too long.

Thanks for the support, everybody!

JoAnn
  2. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

Keep up posted and know we are thinking of you!
  3. Jen F

Jen F New Member

I'm sorry your husband isn't well yet.

I hope you get some rest, you are going to need it.

jen F
  4. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

I talked to Bob on the phone twice and he's doing much better. They actually gave him real food this evening. Nobody ever asked if he is a vegetarian or not, so he got chicken. He said he didn't eat it but there was plenty food on the tray. He sure misses his constant snacking, though.

His hemoglobin is up, as is his blood pressure. The only problem they had today was when trying to take blood for testing. It was all clotted. Could be the medicine they put in his IV for the stomach, maybe to insure that the scars didn't start bleeding again?

They are moving him to a different room tomorrow and he won't be hooked up to any monitors. He'll be able to get out of bed to go to the bathroom - he's really looking forward to that. I promised to go up to see him tomorrow so I hope I get a good night's sleep.

JoAnn