We're a Whole New Species VENT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeaBisqit, Aug 28, 2009.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I am so incredibly sick of going to doc's and they're like, "Never saw one of you before, nope, never heard of CFIDS/ME/Advanced Lyme, no, no, no, you're a whole new species, you're my first patient with it, never saw one before." The quack Endo I just went to this week pulled that on me. And I just wanted to SCREAM. The quack went on to say that I should go for treatment someplace else because he didn't know how to treat one of us. And I was like, well what am I doing here then??? He was a quack in a thousand ways. He said Hashimoto's is only inflammation, he only treats it with NSAIDS, and that I couldn't possibly have thyroid pain because the thyroid doesn't cause pain. Oh, he was a real winner.

But yeah, whole new species, no one has ever seen one of us before. Oh, yeah. And his opinion on Lyme was even better. He said he has personally be recently diagnosed with Lyme, he had his ONE course of antibiotics and he is doing just wonderfully fine. He doesn't believe Advanced Lyme exists or causes any health problems. He said, everyone has Lyme, but they get on with their lives. Trust me, at that point, I wanted him dead. As I sat there with my lower back killing me from Advanced Lyme disease.

It just seems like every doctor I go to, is like, never heard of it, never saw it, you're a whole new species, go someplace else, don't know what to do with you. But more often than not, they look to cause more harm so they can make money off of you.

They've really still never heard of us by now? After all these years? Really?
  2. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

a doctor that you know is familiar with your illnesses.

Search the web for a physician near your area that has medical knowledge of your illnesses.

A patient needs to hire a doc that is willing to listen and treat your diagnosis.

They are out there, just need to find one you are comfortable with and feel your going to get good results with.

Wish you well
  3. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

No advanced Lyme? Wow. Tell that to all the people who died from it, doc.

Just some advice, i've really been taking advantage of the doctor rating websites. i WILL NOT see a doctor unless I've looked him/her up online (vitals, drscore, etc) and seen someone who wrote good things about them... I've also had the pleasure of NOT seeing doctors with bad ratings to avoid all this nonsense. So far so good! Maybe you can try it! =)

4. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Definitely. I'm just sorry I didn't have a camera with me so I could put doctor quack up on YouTube.

I know there are some rating sites where the doctors cannot get the ratings removed. I really have to look into those.
  5. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Sorry you experienced this. I know what you mean. We are treated like a whole new species. I find it hard to believe that I'm the only patient with both CFS and FMS that my Rheumy sees but he acts like he's never heard of someone being too sensitive to pain medication because of CFS before. Could that really be? He has hundreds (I think) of Fibro patients.
    I guess they can all handle meds and I'm the only one who can't.

I know I really was the only CFS patient my Acupuncturist had ever had. She had a lot of AIDS and Cancer and other kinds of patients but none others like us but she was totally into trying to help me and even flew to a seminar on CFS to learn more!

Anyway, have you tried contacting your local CFS and Lyme Disease support groups for a reference for a good doctor? Even with doing that I found some real goof-balls but I eventually found 2 doctors who are pretty good.

Keep looking. Never give up.