We're having a NEW GRANDCHLD...in March

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fivesue, Aug 22, 2007.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

We just found out last night.

Jim' daughter is pregnant. She had a terrible time with sickness in her first pregnancy...then pre-eclampsia. She and her husband have a wonderful 4 year old boy.

About a year and a half ago, she was pregnant, and the baby just died in utero...so tragic. She had been deathly sick again.

And now, she's pregnant again. We are thrilled. We prayed for them to have another child...they are wonderful people and parents...so, now we are praying she isn't as sick. I believe she had what's know as hyperenmia...no, that's not the word, but it's close. It is not just morning sickness but all the time, needing IV's etc. to just live.

We are thrilled, but it is also tempered by the thought of her being that sick again...and the possible loss of the baby again.

But, we are hopeful...and so are they. They had a ultrasound yesterday and saw the precious little person...! (-:

It is nice to be happy.

2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I, too, had a miscarriage at about 4 mos...it's not a fun time.

Hyperemisis is what she has...not just pregnant sick, but very over-the-top sick.

Congrats, Julie...may your new grandchild fill your heart and life with love.

Let me know when the baby comes.

Thanks again for your replies and for your good wishes.

3. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi Sweetie,,,
    I hope this is a succesful pregnancy for your Daughter and Husband! Sounds so Exciteing! I'll say a little prayer for them!,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,,,,Sis
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i feel the mother's painful feet i had pre-eclampsia. i was bed ridden the last month and should have been dx sooner. atleast cody came out healhy.

5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

We are excited!

Jodie, I also had pre-eclampsia with my first son...bed rest for over a month...swollen feet. Not fun.

We are just thrilled for them as they are just wonderful parents...d Ben, their son, needs a sibling. He needs a little lesson in sharing. He is a darling, a great kid, kind, loving...but he has never had to share Mom and Dad.

Anyway, thanks for the notes. I appreciate your time and effort.

6. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Congradulations! It is the greatest thing in the world to be a grandma! Or rather Nana, that's what mine call me, haha! Good luck and I hope little mommy doesn't get too sick.

Best wishes!
  7. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I pray all goes well with this pregnancy and that the hyperemisis remains latent and/or in check. May God bless you and your growing family and grant you many happy days ahead. Theresa
  8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Yep, this will make our 4th...they are wonderful little beings, aren't they?

So nice to see our kids dealing with their kids...(-:

Theresa...how is your son? Been praying for him.

Last day of vacation.

Such a nice time.

Hate to go home.

Ah, life.

9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so happy for all of you and pray that all goes well this time.

Love, Mikie
  10. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

how lovely for you all but I understand that this will be a very bittersweet time for you all.

I hope everything goes well for Mum and baby.

11. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Thanks for your good wishes. We talked to her yesterday, and she was feeling good...WOW! That is a miracle.

I will keep everyone informed of the progress...we're just so happy for these two lovely people...they should have 10 kids, they're such great parents.

But, I think two will be it as DD is almost 35 and dear SIL is 38...

But, what a great son they have now...

Thanks again. Hope your weekend is going well. Hope you are feeling better, Mikie...

12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The cold is finally gone and I'm feeling really well. Thanks for your good wishes. Please do keep us updated.

Love, Mikie
  13. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Iam so excited for you!

Iam sure that everything will be fine....every pregnancy is so different.........let's all pray and hope this one is much better for her and that your new Grandbaby is healthy just like the mom to be!

I know how excited you must be as my one and only Grandson ( so far ) is the absolute love of my life........Grandbabies are truly a gift from heaven up above! ;)

Congratulations Sue....Please keep us updated....

14. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Just talked to the Mommy last night...she's feeling pretty good! Yeah!

Her husband is a jewel...he has taken over all the food stuff...shopping, cooking, cleaning up,etc. He says her job is to make a baby...he can do the little stuff.

She is still nauseous...will be for a bit, but with a new medication, she is able to be fairly norma.

So, thanks again for your good wishes.

15. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Hi Sue!

I finally make it back... and to see this wonderful news!! I am so happy for you all. I am glad to hear that all is going well.

16. fivesue

fivesue New Member

So happy to see your name on the post! YEAH! You're back.

Yes, it is great news. Jim's daughter is doing so much better than the first two time, so we are very optimistic...her husband is such a sweetie.

How are you? I have seen a few things on the other net, but it's hard to keep track of all the boards...so, I usually just come back here. Nice people and feels so comfortable.

And, now, with you back, it seems like no one's missing.

17. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am not much of anywhere lately except the sofa....;-)
    But, I am back to see everyone. I am so happy for you all!

I will try to be back as often as possible. I have a doc appointment on Friday morning.

Oh yes....guess what ...we might be retiring to Montana in 2009!

18. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Montana? From the tropics to the cold north? WOW!

What's the story?

I'm sorry you are on the couch! I have kind of been that way, also. Not much energy...pretty depressed, actually. Think I need to talk to my doctor soon. Pain is constant, but you know that, don't you?

So glad to chat at you again.

Take care, and give me the details about the retirement/move...sounds exciting.