We're home...

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Doznclan3, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

It was a nice little get away.
    SJ, glad you had good dreams. Water dreams, some of the best.
    I'm so happy I took my camera. I got the best picture of my son standing beside the jellyfish tank..when I took his picture, it also got his reflection on the glass, with the jellyfish floating around him. I can't wait to get that one developed. That was Fri. It was a pretty easy day. We ended up going to a book store, and guess who was there signing her new book? Marie Osmond. Not sure if everyone knows her, or even likes her music from the past, but I've seen her a few times since she has a place here. We've seen her at Chuck-A-Rama. That's an eating place out here..buffet. I remember back in the 70's seeing her, and Donnie, and Robert Redford up on the ski mountain...Sundance. Oh, the good ol days..yes, I could ski back then. Anyway, only got a picture of her from my phone camera. She really has lost a lot of weight.
    Yesterday we went to the zoo. Now that was hard. It's up on the side of a mountain. The hills are very steep. I got sick right away, had to take it real easy. Rested quite a bit at first. Then I got a second wind I guess. It was nice to have our son with us. Again, I can't say this enough, how blessed I know that I am, to have such an understanding family. My poor son was so worried about me. He kept asking if I was ok. He could see that I was having a hard time...even after we had paid to get in, he asked, are you sure you want to do this today mom? I just told him that I would be ok if we took it slow. And, like I said, that helped. I mean, I took those hills like a snail. My husband kept getting me ice at every food stop. No worry, we got around to all of the animals. I love animals.
    I love eating out. :p Yes, we got some new clothes. I needed some summer ones.
    So, all in all, I did pretty good. I was worried about the zoo in the beginning, but found out how to work it out...yeaah. My favorite zoo animal has to be the elephant..they are so smart. Then the giraffe..the eyes!
    Hope everyone is doing well. I caught up on some sleep last night. Got to church today.
    Love to all..Cynthia
  2. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

where is everyone? Just come on in and say hi at least!
    Cynthia
  3. Sacajawea2

Sacajawea2 Member

I'm about to be asleep, hopefully...it's been a slowwww weekend on the board...glad you had a great time and will re read it again tomorrow and respond when I have a few more cells active...I think Marie's Paper Roses was my first album!

So sleepy...maybe I'll dream of jellyfish again.

Love,
    SJ

****************************************************************************

PS Monday night, edited to add:
    I hope you have some WONDERFUL memories now...don't worry about what slowed you down, you got to go and now it's with you forever...and to meet Marie, how cool! Hope you'll be able to post the jellyfish photo!
    Your son sounds like a real prince to be so mindful of you! He'll make a great husband I'm sure, since he knows how to treat his mother!

Be gentle with yourself while you recover and enjoy those new clothes!!!

Love,

SJ[This Message was Edited on 04/20/2009]
  4. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

The jellyfish photo sounds like a great photo you'll smile at forever. It sounds like you really did a lot.

Last week I had something every day and had 3 doctors appointments and 2 support meetings and I am so tired. I haven't eaten breakfast today and I am beat, so I want to go stretch out with the cats and rest for a while as I have to do food shopping today.
  5. vivian53

vivian53 Member

Wow what a day you had. I feel worn out just reading about it. But oh it does sound like fun.

I remember Marie Osmond, didn't care for her music but always thought she was pretty. She looks great now. I want to loose 40 bs. I need to see if I can get on dancing with the stars. ; ]

Your son sounds wonderful and you are blessed to have an understanding family. Sounds like they love you a lot.

Eating out, visiting animals AND buying new clothes. Ok I'm jealous.

vivian
  6. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I am so glad you had a great time. Time spent with family is the best:) I love to shop for comfy clothes. Unfortunately my butt it the size of a ocean freighter and my legs are about 3 inches long:) You can imagine it is hard to find pants that fit! I am jealous too!!

So glad you are back...I missed everyone this weekend. I couldn't even hook up with SJ, and she was on the board:)

Blessings,
    Deb
  7. springwater

springwater Active Member

Welcome back! Me and a couple of my friends grew up worshipping Donnie Osmond! Lol! "And they called it puppy love"..those times...And Maries songs, Paper Roses, Youre the Only world i know..our school girls used to sing them in concerts..i used to love her voice. Kind of nasaly but nice.

Your trip sounded good. Glad you could make it. And son sounds wonderful as does DH.

God Bless