Were you a really picky eater as a child?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sandyz, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I am curious if a lot of us were picky eaters as kids. I was and my brother and sister with fm symtoms were. My other 2 brothers and one sisters were very good eaters. They don`t have any Fm symptoms. I also see in one of my sons that is very picky, Fm symptoms.

I`m wandering if that is an early symptom for us. We are so super sensitive to everything it would make sense. Anyway just curious, let me know if you can relate to this.

Sandy
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I was never picky with my food, always had a great appetite, still have.

My grown daughter has CFS/Fibro too and she has always had a great appetite too.

love
    Rosie
  3. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I eat only the foods I like and will not touch anything strange. I'm a meat and taters kind of person. Veggies are only acceptable if raw. And if I was allowed, I'd eat white bread all the time. I don't like anything spicy or strong flavored. Won't go near anything made with tomatoes. I eat my pasta plain (well, actually with salt!)

My grandmother ate mostly bread, white potatoes, very little meat and lived to be 94! Those white foods didn't hurt her.
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

5. SusanLeeScott

SusanLeeScott New Member

I've never heard of people with CFS or FMS being picky eaters, but there is such a thing as "supertasters," according to some new research. These are people who have a genetic characteristic -- very large number of tastebuds -- that makes them super-sensitive to tastes that other people find bland. Do a Google search for researcher Linda Bartoshuk of Yale University and supertaster and you'll find info. I'm not a picky eater, but my son is EXTREMELY picky, which has been a matter of concern (bad parenting?? over indulgence??). Looks like there may be a physiological basis to it, at least in part.
  6. jenn5

jenn5 New Member

I was definately a picky eater, and I take it as a sign of early food sensitivities.
  7. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Thanks for all your imput. I am going to check out that info on Supper Tasters. That seems to fit my son, he is so fussy about taste, texture and smell.

I think this all is related to our food sensetivities. Some way, some how I feel these food issues are conectted to our FM/CFS.