Were you drugged?????

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by joyfully, Jan 27, 2008.

1. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Hope you enjoy. I wanted to pass this along. It was sent to me by a friend.

The other day, someone at a store in our town read that a Methamphetamine lab had been found in an old farmhouse, and he asked me a rhetorical question, 'Why didn't we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?'

I replied I had a drug problem when I was young: I was drug to church on Sunday morning. I was drug to church for weddings and funerals.

I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather.

I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults.

I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the preacher, or if I didn't put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me.

I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a profanity.

I was drug out to pull weeds in mom's garden and flower beds and pick bales out of dad's fields.

I was drug to the homes of family, friends, and neighbors to help out some poor soul who had no one to mow the yard, repair the clothesline, or chop some firewood; and, if my mother had ever known that I took a single dime as a tip for this kindness, she would have drug me back to the woodshed.

Those drugs are still in my veins and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, and think.

They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or heroin; and, if today's children had this kind of drug problem, this country of ours would be a better place.

God bless the parents who drugged us.

[This Message was Edited on 01/29/2008]
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I was drugged and I drugged my sons! (-:

And you're right...it affects my everyday life and the life of my children...and now my grandchildren who are being drugged!

Good post, Joy!

3. laceymae

laceymae New Member

I was drugged and so were my kids...

didn't have the government telling us we couldn't "drug" them. Now they call 911 and get the parents arrested for drugging them.

good one
  4. momof471

momof471 New Member

Is on my refrigerator and has been for the past year! I love it! Its helpful to have it there to point out to my girls sometimes!

Not to mention its the truth!

God Bless
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I got the same kind of "drugging" growing up and therefore did not have any other drug problems !!

Yes, this generation needs alot of that drugging too(-: !!!

Is there any way I can send this to someone else without printing it out and rewriting it all out again to send to others?

The kids nowadays don't have to account for anything they have done wrong until it is to late and they are in jail, really messed up or dead !! That is terribly sad.

Thanks Joyfully, I really liked that one. It is SO terribly true !!

[This Message was Edited on 02/04/2008]
  6. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

but it doesn't seem to help...maybe I need to try more druggeds!