West Michigan

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Roxi, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Roxi

Roxi New Member

I need a recommendation for a doctor educated on the latest info in the Grand Rapids or West Michigan areas. Thanks for your help!
  2. Roxi

Roxi New Member

I need a recommendation for a doctor educated on the latest info in the Grand Rapids or West Michigan areas. Thanks for your help!
  3. lazygrant

lazygrant New Member

Dr. Edward Conley, in Flint
  4. JCharity

JCharity New Member

Hi Roxi....

I live in north Muskegon and have been seeing an awesome doctor for the last year and 1/2. She is very well educated on fibro. She always has time for me and answers all my quetsions. I feel that is very important. One day I was in a panic attack because I could not find out if my health insurance would pay for physical and water therapy. I was crying when I talked with the receptionist and also the person that handles health insurance. They told me to call her but I didn't want to bother her. It was the worst panic attack I have ever had. Well, doc heard about it and she called me right away. It is not easy to find a doctor that knows about fibro and really cares about their patients. I don't know if she is taking new patients or not, but if you call, tell them Jennifer Sherban recommended you. Her name is Dr. Katherine Young and her phone number is (231) 733-3177. Her nurse's name is Cindy and she is very good also. Let me know if you decide to go and see her ok? Hugz and blessings, Jenn
  5. Roxi

Roxi New Member

Thanks for suggesting Dr. Young. Muskegon is a bit of a drive. I don't have health insurance but my lawyer helping with disability application may pay for it. I've had the panic attacks too. Happens when we've had too much stress...physical or mental. They think it's biochemical. Been reading about the viral angle. Has Dr. Young talked to you about it? I have a number of other health problems. Does she handle that ok or get annoyed? I really need pain relief. Does she object to opiates? Thanks for your help! Roxi
  6. motg

motg New Member

I live in wyoming MI. I am going to a clnic it was the only dr. that I could afford. Sory I could not help but want to say hi to people who are close by.
    Barb
  7. JCharity

JCharity New Member

Hi again Roxi...

Yes my doctor is very understanding and she is very patient. She listens! Hard to find a doc that does that. At the moment she has me on 100 mg of Zloft in the am. For sleep I am on 100 mg of Elavil, 100 mg of baclofen (muscle relaxant) and 10 mg of ambien plus other meds that are not fibro related. If I can answer anything else, feel free to ask. :) Hugz and blessings, Jenn
  8. Carolonly

Carolonly New Member

I live in Crystal, MI I have a great doctor who also takes the time to understand his patients. He is young but very thourough. He does prescribe medications if he feels they will help you. He is in Sheridan Michigan and his name is Brian Thwaites he resides with Dr. Yard. Both are very excellent doctors.
    Hope you find an understanding one!!!
  9. allhart

allhart New Member

i just want to say im jelouse i live in tucson but was born in mich and want to be back there so bad !
  10. Roxi

Roxi New Member

Howdy, Tucson! Remember the grass always seems greener! Us Michiganders would probably think where you live is pretty neat! We had snow today! Did'nt stick. Temp is 26 tonight! Lions still losing!
  11. Roxi

Roxi New Member

Hey Wyoming! I don't have health insurance and would go to your clinic if you thought the docs were good. I'm interested in one willing to consider all the possible reasons for this DD. I'm intrigued by the viral angle. Seems like how I feel!