Western Blot test results in but Dr will not tell me on the phone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Aug 21, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

They said I had to come in. I went there today thinking I had an appt. Foggy me, it is NEXT Mon.

Anyway, I asked if the test was back and the girl pulled it out and said she didn't know how to read them and the Dr was out to lunch.

I asked them to call me if the test was neg then there would be no need to go back next week. They called me about an hour later and said the Dr said I had to come in next Mon.

What you think? She is an Infectious Ds Dr. She ran the Western Blot after the others were neg,bart/babesia.

I have started feeling better, other than not know what week it is,lol. I got a B-12 shot and started on folic acid and a presciption for B-6.

I did 4 12 hour days in a row last week. Of course on Sun, day 5, I was still in me jammies at 3 pm :) Rested the rest of the eve and got back at it today.

Any ideas are appreciated-Carla
  2. wanderingbluedragon

wanderingbluedragon New Member

What does the Western Blot test for? I looked it up and they can use it for several things, I think.
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

from tick bites
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

I can see him wanting you to come back in, in either case... if it is negative, you should take him the material that says Lyme needs to be treated for more than 3 weeks or so.

As frustrating as it is, I guess you'll just have to wait and see. .. let us know!

all the best,
    Victoria

5. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

Not quite for sure what it means..it could just mean what my grandpa always said they just want to get an extra office call out of you...he was a bit neg. towards drs.

just wanted you to know am thinking of you!

Take care
    Tami
  6. spacee

spacee Member

I have never had a doc NOT give me the news over the phone...even when it was "bad". That is my little bit of input for what it is worth.

She may have a standard rule of having the patients come back.

Hoping for the best for you.

Hugs,

Spacee
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

before and also some good news...i have had in the past some great dr's but not know...

jodie
  8. ckball

ckball New Member

Thanks guys, I have run the gamit of explanations, but I have always been able to get my results over the phone.

She is kind of strange, like when I saw her the first time my scalp psorisis was in it's early stage and she looked at but suggested no treatment.

The second time I saw her, it was much worse still again no offer to see what the problems was.

I diagnosed myself and called my GP and she called in the treatment, now it is much better.

But if your were and infectious disease Dr and had a patient with multiple tick bites to the scalp and then the patients gets over half her head covered in scabs and sores, would you do something other than just say hhmm.

Like you all said, i just have to wait. I may call and see if I can get a copy of the test.

Thanks for your support, I really appreciate it. Carla