We've decided on a house

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Mar 11, 2007.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Well, we took another trip to look at my favorite house one more time on Saturday afternoon. Hubby was asking me why I wanted to look at it again when we knew it was too expensive for us, so....

We went back, had another realtor to deal with who helped us out tremendously. The landlord was very helpful in giving us the original base price (he had decided he wanted more per square meter which put us out of the running)

So...we decided to take the house! The one with only one floor, brand new with an elevator from the parking garage. My front door will be the elevator.

No more stairs!!!! No more 28 stairs to the laundry room for me, no more 14 stairs each way to the bathroom from the bedroom. (Can you imagine how hard this is when you're bedridden???)

I'm still not sure how I'm going to come up with 5 1/2 months rent to move in but I'll figure that out later. The landlord said he'd take payments on one month's portion of the deposit and the realtor said he'd take payments too but I don't want to be so financially tight forever.

Since the house is brand new it's 3 months rent for a deposit, one month rent to move in and the realtor who helped us find it gets 1 1/2 months rent for a fee. Just a normal practice here.

It will be easier to move into this place too with no stairs to have to figure out moving our furniture. Many homes in Germany have circular stairs that are very hard to deal with and we won't have that problem here.

I just hope our landlords that we have now won't give us a problem with moving so soon. I hope they'll be happy we've found a place and let it go at that.

No more mold on the walls! No more stairs! Yeah!!!!!

Nancy B
  2. kriket

kriket New Member

CONGRATULATIONS. Whenever you move, be careful not to over do it, you don't want to be in the bed the first few days after you get moved into your new house from being in pain. Take it easy!!!

3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

This house sounds so much better than the one you've been in. I can't imagine living in a house with mold and so many stairs. You may find that you feel better in this house.

Anyway, good luck with the moving and take care!

4. sisland

sisland New Member

Sounds like your making a great choice! Glad to Hear it!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,S
  5. paulmack

paulmack New Member

sounds ideal for you.Can tell your excited about the move.Hope all goes smoothly for you.
    Best Wishes,Paul
  6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I'm so glad it's working out for you. I don't know about where you are, but here it's a buyer's market.

7. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Congratulations!!! I hope you are very happy in your new home! Kim :)
  8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

For the kind words....I am excited but already exhausted too. There's so much to do here before the move.

I'm just hoping that when the day comes that we move, it all gets easier after that.

Since my daughter is getting married in June, her stuff will already be moved from her floor. I've decided to let them live together first since there's no reason to make her move her stuff with us, then move it again in a month after her wedding. That takes care of one entire floor from this house.

Each day I'm trying to get rid of stuff and clean out at least one area of the house to make things easier.

And I'm hoping to rest in between....

Hugs all,

Nancy B

9. sues1

sues1 New Member

You already have more than a full plate......but when you get more settled, why not make a sell some of your handcrafted items?

I see by your profile that you do such and quilts also. If you can quilt more by machine, that would help you also. As you know it is the colors and designs that catches the eye. So even more inexpensive but pretty or cute material can be made up in a simple box pattern and be darling.

A friend of mine is making a machine quilt. I had given her odds and ends I had and she used dog material in larger blocks and kittens in smaller blocks. It is a simple pattern.
    She used other colors with it and it is irresistible, really extra special because of the thought she gave the material.

Anyhow I see you do your work for charity and that is good. But treat yourself for a while and then when money is a little better, divide your time between charity and yourself for a while. Could be fun and oh so satisfying.

I wish I could move in, it sounds so nice!

Good Luck and many Blesssings........Susan
  10. JLH

JLH New Member

I'm so glad that you found you a terrific place!

No stairs!!!! G R E A T ! ! !

With no more mold on the walls, it would have to be more healthy, too!

Don't overdo it when you begin to move in!