Wha t is the best Way to describe what FMS is Medically?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mhammie, Oct 24, 2005.

1. mhammie

mhammie New Member

I have so many people ask me what FMS is.

Most of those who want to know have the mind set that FMS is linked to depression as a cause.

Can someone help direct me to an article or give me a simple medical explaination that I can answer questions?

Mhammie
  2. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Mhammie, I had a rhuemy decribe it the best for me. It is a vicisious cycle. You have stress in your life which causes sleep problems which then cause your body to have pain which then causes more stress and you see the cycle. Sleep I think is a big part of this DD. Sleep is suppose to be when your body rejuvinates itself. When you don't get enough sleep or the right kind of sleep you body doesn't heal which is where the pain comes in. I think the depression comes in with the stress and the fact that a lot of people with FMS have depression. When you think about what FMS has done with your life I personally can see where the depression comes in. I know what my life was like before being DX'ed and what it is now is are so far apart it is depressing. lol. Oh well hope this helped a little.