Whaaaaaaaaaaada, whooping cough????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Nov 25, 2002.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Hi all, just a quickie (ha ha) (speaking of which my hubby went on zoloft about a mon ago for his paralyzing fear, I have not had a sex life in 3 weeks, he does not have desire, yahoooo!!!!!! I love him to death but I can live without it just like most of you) anyway, I am at my mommy in laws, that is a great thing, love love love her, I am across the state with my Cody Bobody and I just checked the local news from Tri Cities where we live, it says we have a whooping cough outbreak, kids must be immunized immediately or they cannot attend school.

I am sorry but I have a hard time believing it, they are probably experimenting again!!!!!

Has anyone else heard this???

I will check back tomorrow, Safe traveling Mikie.

Jaci
  2. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Hi all, just a quickie (ha ha) (speaking of which my hubby went on zoloft about a mon ago for his paralyzing fear, I have not had a sex life in 3 weeks, he does not have desire, yahoooo!!!!!! I love him to death but I can live without it just like most of you) anyway, I am at my mommy in laws, that is a great thing, love love love her, I am across the state with my Cody Bobody and I just checked the local news from Tri Cities where we live, it says we have a whooping cough outbreak, kids must be immunized immediately or they cannot attend school.

I am sorry but I have a hard time believing it, they are probably experimenting again!!!!!

Has anyone else heard this???

I will check back tomorrow, Safe traveling Mikie.

Jaci
  3. kay

kay New Member

AMEN SISTER!!!! Big ole excuse, as usual!!!
  4. sofy

sofy New Member

The words they and experimenting have a paranoid tinge to them. My mother allowed hefself to fall into this the last 20 years of her life and even my actions became suspicious. It was pitiful to watch. It may not be whooping cough, who knows but not long ago many children died from this and the vaccine came about because so many lost their children to it. It is hard for me to believe that "they" would go to all the trouble to make up the story and then run around and inject a lot of kids. Why and what for. Now if you said there was whooping cough and they didn't want to spend the money on vaccines that would be more plausable. You have had some really bad stuff happen but that doesn't mean the whole world is bad. There is still light and joy even in the darkest of times.
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

My daughter got whooping cough when she was 11. Yes, she'd had the vaccine along with her other childhood immunizations, but her pediatrician explained that the whooping cough vaccine is only 70-90% effective, one of the least effective childhood vaccines, and it is very possible to still get whooping cough.

Pam
  6. azcrum

azcrum New Member

the Phoenix area and we had an outbreak a couple weeks ago. I think it's very contaigous.
  7. BethM

BethM New Member

Yes, it's VERY contagious, and it kills children. That's why they are immunized against it. If a child gets pertussis after being immunized, they have a better chance of fighting it and surviving. Pertussis is rearing its ugly head again because parents are not immunizing their children. Once a certain number of kids are NOT immunized (it's called population pressure) the likelihood of an outbreak of the disease they are not immunized for increases. This happened in England a few years ago, and children died.

It is scary to immunize your kids. I know, I'm a mom too. I'm also a school nurse, and deal with immunization issues daily. I believe California kids are over immunized, although I admit I did insist that my teenage sons get the Hepatitis B immunization series, and I did too, because of my profession. It's a tough issue, one that requires study and thought by the parents of each child. I don't believe that there is a conspiracy to damage our kids through immunizations. However, it is an imperfect process, with imperfect results. It is up to each of us to be informed and make the choices we feel are best for us and for our kids.

Peace,
    Beth.
  8. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I know I sound paranoid, I did not used to be this way, I just see so much lying on behalf of the Govt and they have used humans in the past to experiment, many, many times.

In any event I think I will able toNOT have to make the decision as it is part of the standard immunizations in Wa State so he has already gotten it.

Whew.
  9. seaview

seaview New Member

4 years ago my husband came down sick with an unrelenting cough. He went to the urgent care 6 times and was given 6 different meds(yes,,count the $$$$$spent) At the same time my boys and daughter (5 alltogether) came down with the cough. They also were given meds. Then my daughter was getting worse.Now, mind you my ped doc was on vacation so some other doc was seeing them. By the third visit in( and now up to $400.00 in copays) the doctor says that my daughter sounds like whooping cough. Well, I tell him..could be since I did not immunize my children against pertusis because my first had the reaction from hell. Yes, he was very indignant with me. I told him to relax that my doctor (ped) was ok with my decision so get over his attitude. Well, I will not lie. We all got put on antibiotics(including the 5 month old)(another 100.oo dollars) but my daughter had to go through the whole ugly thing. It was 4 months of hard breathing,long nites with no sleep holding her,lots of tears, and much isolation. Would I have vacinated had I known we would ever have gotten it....my answer is still no. I did what I believed to be the best decision at the time. And yes, there was an outbreak here at that time but it was alot of 8 - 11 year olds who had gotten the immunization. I am in CA. so my doc says we should immunize but respects the parents choice. oh, and don't let me forget to add that we also got chix pox coming through our house only 2 months after we got over the cough. It took us all the was through Christmas. This was also the year I was hospitalized and had 5 kidney infections. The kids are great but I have gotten worse. Now I am the one dragging through each day waiting for it to end. I guess what I really wanted you to know is that we must make decisions for our children based on truth(not fears)and what our mothers heart(which God has placed in each of us)tells us is right. Will you have to face that disease in the future...maybe...I did !but I hold strong to my decisions when I make them and then live with them each day. This same daughter has only one kidney that works and so I held off getting shots because she had so much going on with all the tests and surgery. I did do a few ....that I prayed about and carefully considered. So, hold your baby close,listen to your heart(not your fears) and make your choices(which are so many it seems)about what you feel is right for you and yours. I bless you with wisdom,peace , and truth. From another mom who understands, Kathleen
    [This Message was Edited on 11/26/2002]