Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by suzetal, Aug 10, 2007.

1. suzetal

suzetal New Member

They hire handicap.
    If you go to their sight they have 16 openings right now.They are non profit and work out of Massachusetts .They have work at home positions like medical transcripts.They pay 8.00 to 15.00 an hour working at home.They will make sure you do not make over your max for ssdi so you do not loose benefits.

READ nticentral.org NTI Work At Home For Americans With Disability's .NTI stand for>>>National Telecommuting Institute Inc.
    ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>READ ON

About Us
    What We Do
    National Telecommuting Institute (NTI) is a unique educational/job-matching organization pioneering the development of telework jobs for Americans with disabilities. NTI staff bring together employers who have agreed to "go virtual," advanced communications technology, and vocational rehabilitation agencies to enable individuals with disabilities to train for and work online in environments that are more easily accessible to them.

NTI prepares qualified individuals with disabilities primarily for work as customer service representatives, but also as technical support agents and medical transcriptionists. Equipped with voice and computer connections, NTI employees have provided service for customers of organizations and companies such as the Internal Revenue Service and AAA Roadside Assistance.

For more detailed information, please visit the appropriate portion of our site:

Apply for Jobs
    VR Counselors
    Hire NTI to find teleworkers
    Our History
    NTI was incorporated as a nonprofit disability organization in Boston in 1995. NTI grew out of the efforts of a small group of rehabilitation professionals searching for strategies to help the large number of talented and motivated individuals with disabilities who strongly prefer or require home-based work.

In the past 10 years NTI has gone down many paths, selecting those that show the most promise.

We're the prime contractor on contracts from federal agencies such as the IRS and the Department of Veterans Affairs. Using special set-aside legislation for people with disabilities, NTI has hired hundreds of home-based Americans who now answer calls and take orders for the IRS Forms and Publications Order Line or who perform medical transcription work for Veterans Administration hospitals.
    We're a subcontractor providing qualified remote agents with disabilities to commercial contractors who operate call centers for agencies such as the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the Department of Labor, and the Immigration and Naturalization Service.
    We provide qualified applicants to commercial companies performing a variety of tasks suitable for remote workers. We've matched home agents with disabilities to companies such as Ticket Master, Home Shopping Network, Alamo, Lens Express, GE Financial Services, AT&T Language Line, 800-Flowers, Phase2Solutions, Staples, The GAP, JLodge, Signature Group and AAA Roadside Assistance.
    We advise our commercial partners on general remote workforce screening, training, and management strategies. We also provide access to NTI's innovative distance-training infrastructure.
    We continue to research new occupational niches and experiment with new strategies to further our mission.

Legal Structure
    NTI is a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, incorporated in Massachusetts.

Although our goal is funding operations from revenues from our client organizations and companies and from participating state vocational rehabilitation agencies, we also obtain funding through competitive grant programs and charitable donations.

Organizations and programs that have generously provided grants and donations to NTI include

The AT&T Foundation
    The Charles Stewart Mott Foundation
    The Fidelity Foundation
    The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
    The U.S. Department of Education: Learn Anytime Anywhere Partnership
    The U.S. Department of Education: RSA Project With Industries
    The U.S. Department of Labor: Office of Disability Employment Policy

Site sections: Home • Apply for Jobs • VR Counselors • Hire NTI • Work from Home • About NTI • Employees

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If this job falls through, I may check into it. I had visited their website but I really want to work outside my home, if possible. It gets me out and among others. Of course, right now, I'm paying the price of being among others because those "others" are all sick with a nasty cold. Now, I'm sick with it too. The cold is basically gone but the cough lingers on. I can't be on the phones with a constant hack.

The good part about working with others is that I've made some really nice friends and we laugh ourselves silly at break and lunch. Laughter is the best medicine but even that doesn't seem to be getting rid of the hack. I have medication but it makes me drowsy so I can't take it during the day.

Thanks for posting this. From what I found at the website, this is an honest, legit resource. Also, you can try your state vocational rehab office but be prepared to wait as long as 60 days before they even start to help you.

Love, Mikie