What a difference 30yrs makes LLLOOOLLLLL

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by raven5000, Jun 19, 2008.

1. raven5000

raven5000 New Member

Too bad I couldn't get the pic's that go with this to show.

Still funny w/o the pics! hahhaah

What a Difference 30 Years Makes!

Speakers on for As Time Goes By

This is sent only to those whose level of maturity qualifies them to relate to it...

1977 : Long hair
    2007 : Longing for hair

1977 : KEG
    2007: EKG

1977 : Acid rock
    2007 : Acid reflux

1977 : Moving to California because it's cool
    2007 : Moving to Arizona because it's warm

1977 : Trying to look like Marlon Brando or Liz Taylor
    2007: Trying NOT to look like Marlon Brando or
    Liz Taylor

1977 : Seeds and stems
    2007 : Roughage

1977 : Hoping for a BMW
    2007: Hoping for a BM

1977 : Going to a new, hip joint
    2007 : Receiving a new hip joint

1977 : Rolling Stones
    2007: Kidney Stones

1977 : Screw the system
    2007: Upgrade the system

1977 : Disco
    2007: Costco

1977 : Parents begging you to get your hair cut
    2007: Children begging you to get their heads Shaved

1977 : Passing the drivers' test
    2007: Passing the vision test

1977 : Whatever
    2007 : Depends

Just in case you weren't feeling too old today, this Will certainly change things. Each year the staff at Beloit College in Wisconsin puts together a list to Try to give the faculty a sense of the mindset of this year's incoming freshmen. Here's this year's list:

The people who are starting college this fall across The nation were born in 1989.

They are too young to remember the space
    Shuttle blowing up.

Their lifetime has always included AIDS.

Bottle caps have always been screw off and plastic.

The CD was introduced the year they were born.

They have always had an answering! Machine

They have always had cable.

They cannot fathom not having a remote control.

Jay Leno has always been on the Tonight Show.

Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave.

They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.

They can't imagine what hard contact lenses are.

They don't know who Mork was or where he was from.

They never heard: "Where's the Beef?", "I'd walk A mile for a Camel", or "de plane, Boss, de plane."

They do not care who shot J. R. And have no idea who J. R. Even is.

McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers

They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter.

Do you feel old yet? Pass this on to the other old fogies on your list. Notice the larger type, that's For those of you who have trouble reading...

So have a nice day!!!!! It is good to have friends who know about these things and are still alive and kicking!!!!

[This Message was Edited on 06/19/2008]
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

You've got that right -ugh !! How true all these things are /were. I think I have seen these all before but it is worth showing it again. I must be pretty old as I can remember all of them.

At least these make us laugh ( I think) which we all need. I know you said this pic in your bio is an old one but it is still beautiful sweetie and so are you !

Sometimes, like today I feel about 100 (-: !!

3. springwater

springwater Active Member

1977 : Parents begging you to get your hair cut
    2007: Children begging you to get their heads Shaved

This hit home! My son had been asking for two years to be allowed toshave his head..Eminem effect? but i said NO! Then decided last winter decided he was old enough to do what he wants...well, he and his friend went and shaved their heads together...it took some time for us mums to get used to it...but come school time, and they found it didnt go down very well with the girls...so they were waiting for the hair to grow back and spent most of the time donning caps...

one advantage tho - a bushy new head of hair...it seems to grow back more thickly if shaved; recently ive been telling him he needs a hair cut and he just grunts...
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

This is so true and funny. I have a son who will be 43 this year, another who will be 42 (they are both 42 for a week!) I also have a son who just turned 14. My oldest grandchild will be 19 in September!

What is funny is that the sons who were born in 1965/66 sound more like me than I do sometimes!!!

So talk about mixed up, I try and keep it all in balance but never succeed....then this dd on top of it all, I have to laugh or else I would cry.

Remember though, those of us born in the 1940's (1946 for me) had the thrill of going to the movies as a special event, remembered people getting tv's and rv's for the first time ever, remembered when a computer took up a whole building!, were treated like something special by boys mostly, did not have to worry about much except being kids, could hike and bike all over with little fear of being mugged or murdered, were not pressured into having sex, tattoos or shaved heads!!!, had friends who we spoke to face to face, rather than thru a screen of some sort, most of us had two parent families, and getting dressed up to go to a dance really meant something great! Plus we got to stay home and be moms without having to work as well.

Things were more exciting, it is all so usual now it is hum ho.

Love Annie
  5. raven5000

raven5000 New Member

I'm 44, my bro's are 46 and 42...my 42 yr old bro just replied to my email and all he said was...OUCH! lolll...

My Mom was born in '35 and she always talks about how fun it ws to go to the double features and see a B movie w/ the A movie. She's always been a homemaker and we were all raised by my two parents.

I don't have kids, so have no idea what it's like to have your son want to shave his head only to find out it wasn't a hit w/ the girls!!!!!

And gran, thanks for the wonderful compliments. I see your posts all the time!