What a difference a month makes...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cczub, Aug 3, 2006.

1. cczub

cczub New Member

I was thinking last night about how quickly things can change having FM...

I went on vacation for the week of July 4th. I felt pretty good. Was sleeping so so with the sleep meds and the pain was minimal.. I even played 18 holes of golf...

Fast forward 1 month and it's the complete opposite. Last night I went to sleep at 7pm and slept till 11pm.. After that I woke up at least a dozen times from 11-6.... All my muscles and joints are killing me. It hurts just sitting here at work typing this out.

It's absolutley amazing how quick you can go from feeling sorta normal to being in total pain... Even my fingers hurt today.

I find it hard to say no to people too and last weekend I got no rest and was on the go the whole weekend. I planned on taking it easy this weekend but it's getting booked up again... My brother wants me to help him work on my boat this weekend, my cousin want me to help her hang some blinds outside, I have to watch my son when my wife goes to a demostration and I have to print out/stuff all the invitations for my 10 year HS reunion.... There goes my plans for a relaxing weekend.

I'm going to the doctor Tuesday to hopefully get back on some sleep meds. I'm having money issues and am really stressed out with home and work so I'm thinking of asking him to try me on Xanax again. I've noticed I have a VERY short fuse lately and hope he'll give me something to take the edge off.

Thanks for listening. I don't really have anyone but ,y wife to talk to and sometimes it seems as if it goes in one ear out the other... I had to reminder her yesterday when she wanted me to watch our son on Saturday that I already had plans to go to my parent's house to work on the boat.. She didn't even remember me telling her that the other day... Makes me wonder what else she "forgets" when I'm telling her everything that is going on...

Fustrated in NJ...
    Chris
  2. jrose

jrose New Member

Chris-sorry you are so young and having problems. I didn't develop FM til my 50's but it's better because I've learned to say no and not be everything to everybody. Please try to not do so much and take time for yourself. Let us know how you are doing.Maybe you should have a wall calendar that you and your wife write events on so you can keep track of events. My daughter and I do this and it helps. I also found that sleep meds and/or good natural sleep (unusual event tho) does help. Judy
  3. cczub

cczub New Member

I know I need to start limiting myself. But like you said I'm young and want to do sooo much!! LOL... I just found out I shouldn't have to help my brother with the boat at least on Saturday(that's unless my dad wants to work on it)... I've always been the guy that the family has turned to for help with stuff. I'm what they call a "jack of all trade". I usually am the first one people call to fix stuff. Last weekend I was "moving man" as my cousin need to borrow the truck to move 3 organs...... That alone killed me.. That was Sunday and it's now Friday and I'm still paying for it...

I just have to remember to pace myself... THe fall is right around the corner and I want to be able to get out fishing so I have to take care of myself over the next few weeks to recover.
  4. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Sorry you're so young feeling so yucky! Really sucks having things you want to do and not being well enough to do them, believe me I know. I only have one youngin at home who is almost 17, his dad and him love to fish too. They like to head up to Lake Erie and hire a charter boat but that only happens about once a summer, other than that it's a couple of close ponds around here.

Try to learn to say 'no' more and decide what is best for YOU with the hours on the week-end, they go by too fast as it is.... and get rested up for the fishin... dry ice and send on to my place LOL

Hugz,
    Tona
  5. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Hi Chris .. you sound like my husband (only he is in an older format ? haha) .. he was the one his family called all the time to "help" out .. he had to learn to say no and back away ..
    We have 2 calendars on the go .. one in the kitchen by the phone and one down in the family room by the computer/phone .. we mark off the days we have something on the go .. it really helps ..
    Life is very different from what it used to be for us ..we were a military family on the GO all the time .. But again .. you are young and have that drive to do what you would like to do .. I hope you can ! .. Just take care of yourself too !
    Good Luck !
    Joy : )
  6. jake123

jake123 New Member

Here's something visual for them, Chris, get in bed and stay there for about 10 hours, sleeping as much as you can. How old is your son? Can you put him in your bedroom to supervise him? I taught my grandson how to use the covers like mountains for his army men.
  7. cczub

cczub New Member

My son is going on 7. He's a good kid but if I doze off God only knows what he'll do. I do have to start saying NO.... Working 5 days a week, the weekends go by so fast. I persoanlly know I need one of the 2 days "off" to rest up for the next week. Otherwise I'm totally shot.

THe problem is that I HAVE the drive to do everything and usually push myself to do it. There's sooooo much that I need to finish on the inside of the house that I started this time last year. I need to work on it when I get home during the week but don't have the energy to....

Thanks for all the support.