What a Nightmare!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Jan 9, 2006.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Just maybe writing/typing this out will help me deal better~
    I had posted about bad pain after a root canal.
    I ended up in the ER New yrs eve with my whole darn face swollen from an abscess!!! They treated me with antibiotics and Lortab. end of story?? nope,..! not with me!! I developed a swelling or blister on the roof of my mouth!!! well,... this THING continued to grow and hurt like hell!!
    I went in as a walk in at the dentist today,and guess what's needed to do?? LANCE.
    Sheer horror fell upon me!!! lance an infected cyst!!??
    I never felt such pain let me tell ya!!
    even with 3 shots of novacaine I was wreething in pain!
    The dr. said she had too drain that infection because it was dangerous to leave alone and HOPE that the antibiotics would soon tackle that part of the infection.
    All this too save a tooth!!??
    I'm so sick of going 'back on the couch'
    sick of being sickly :(

ggggggrrrrrrrr
    just a vent (hopefully a one time only vent :)
    Hugs
    Tandy
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

so sorry you went through all of this and hope this will get better quickly-did the dentist suggest you start on antibiotics prior to root canal? My cats were not allowed to have dentistry last week until they had been on antibiotics for four days and then five days after....seems to me the cats got a better deal than you did.
    Get well
    Love Crom
  3. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

I hate the thought of any dental work at all. I'm so sorry that you've had to go through so much!!! All I can say is that I hope you feel better VERY SOON!

(((((BIG HUGS)))))

Kat
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

your kind thoughts are so apreciated~

On a happier note:
    I feel a relief from pain today :)

I woke up during the night and much of the swelling and pain in my mouth was almost gone!!
    I can barely feel any pain today.

I'm on the 'UP' and mending list!! LOL
    Hugs
    Tandy
  5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I'm so sorry for what you have gone through. It reminds me years ago when I had dental surgery and how miserable I felt. It sounds awful having to have the blister lanced.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Ellen
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Tandy:
    I have nothing but trouble with my teeth, but nothing like what happened with you.

Please feel better soon,
    hugs,
    NyroFAn
  7. achyinarkansas

achyinarkansas New Member

So sorry to hear about ur ordeal, but sooo glad u are feeling better and u are on the mend.
    The last several times I went to the dentist he had to give me gas with the shot to relax me cause I'd nearly tear the arms off the chair gripping them so hard. lol
    GEt well soon! :)