What a weird flare this is

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CanBrit, Jun 18, 2006.

1. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Hi All:

I've been fighting a flare up for the past week or so. Fatigue, pain & foggy as all getup.

My speech is all out of whack. How many of you mix up words when you're in a flare?

I said to my future daughter-in-law yesterday, "would you like to go into me with Rockland" instead of "into Rockland with me "!!!!! There were too many other beauty's that I can't remember. I just know I had everyone laughing.

Where does this weird stuff come from? Is it a sign that FM does have neurological effects?
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Also as well as this I get swallowing problems so it must be the muscles in the throat and tongue. Sometimes my tongue tingles a bit.

Love Anne Crom
  3. Annie3195

Annie3195 New Member

Hi group! I just signed up.....I need support and ideas. Long story, I will try to squish it in. I always thought I had IBS, but wasnt diagnosed. Also, starting grinding my teeth in my late twenties. Muscles pain, especially neck, shoulders. Then 3 years ago, I had the gastric bypass;I weighed 292 (5'4") . I am now 110 lbs.....After surgery I had unremitting diarrhea for two years. Then about two monthes ago I started with wicked constipation, abdominal pain/bloating, even incontinence of jelly stool (sorry!!!) I developed carpel tunnel both hands over night. I felt mentally foggy, forgetful,tired, more depressed than my normal (dx'd with that years ago-) and my thigh muscles became shakey especially during excercise. Fel incredibly stiff;exhausted,down, in am which slowly clears up....almost. Colonoscopy dx'd IBS.My ANA was negative, so no Lupus, etc. Trigger points positive except one, I think. Doc thinks its fibro but is still running blood tests (thyroid and others.) But I started doing internet research and was astounded (!!!!!!!!) how exactly my symptoms sound like Fibro. Doc put me on Provgil. (Some help). I tried the guaia/Tums thing and I felt better but maybe it was really the Provigil. So as of yesterday I went off the guai/tums thing. I am experimenting to see what DOES help. I am so weary of all this. I am an RN work hard, long hours.Its been hard to function, my brain is foggy, forgetful, and I keep making dumb mistakes. EASILY irritable, almost paranoid. Negativity. Still alternating jelly stools (ugh) with constipation, and real urgency of stools......gross! Please, anyone, help me! Advice? Comments? Anyone out there who ALSO had the RNY gastric bypass????????? Help!
  4. reckabek

reckabek New Member

1st what exaclty is a flare?? like when the pain comes again? what if the pain never goes away? Im not dxed fibro, but sincerely think i have it..just trying to relate them to my expierances...

5. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

For me a flare is when I get pain, fatigue and fog that is constant and doesn't go away. Most of the time my pain varies in intensity and the fatigue and fog comes and goes.

In a flare, nothing eases off.

Hi Annie...sure sounds like you have FM to me. My daughter is an RN and she says she knows quite a few nurses with FM.
    This board has tons of information and there's always support from everyone.

Regards.

Eileen
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

CanBrit:

I am also in a flare with the exact same symptoms, although one may be different: I am unable to stand too long because the right hip starts to go out on me. Talk about pain.
    I guess I have to go back to rheumy sooner than I thought.

I hope you feel better soon. As far as neurologists, I do go to one. I like to cover all of the bases when it comes to these DDs.

Feel better soon.

nyrofan
  7. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

all i can say is thank you for the good laugh!!lol
    And yes i do that with my words to,all too often.lol
    I have always wondered if its the meds or the fibro?
    I do it in a flare or no flare..lol
    anyway if you figure it out please let us know?

thanks for the giggles
    your friend
    onna