What about chromium for weight loss?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Denamay, May 17, 2006.

1. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Has any one had any experience with taking chromium for weight loss?

My dr. suggested that I give it a try but, from what I have read chromium does not do any good.

What do you think? Would love to know.

I bought some today and maybe I will try and see what happens, just as an experiment. Love Denamay
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I take chromium picolinate 200mg twice a day. I need to take at least double the recommended dose because I had gastric bypass and I don't absorb like most people. I haven't lost much weight (except for the bypass weight...almost 100 pounds,but I wasn't taking the chromium then), but then I haven't gained any either.

Chromium is also good for diabetics who want to keep their sugar levels under control. But it won't lower your sugar if you're not diabetic. As a result, I haven't had to up my glucophage or avandia lately.

You might want to google it to get more information.

God Bless.
  3. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

I also took chromium picolinate for energy. It really helped more with weight loss than energy.
  4. usanagirl

usanagirl New Member

has chromium in it. To be honest, I noticed that I don't crave as many sweets like I used to.

How much weight are you wanting to lose?
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I take chromium off and on. It is usually part of a nutritionist's recommendations in a weight loss program. My SIL was working at her friend's business, Herbal One, and franchise that offers nutritional weight loss programs and sells lots of supplements. ChromeMate is on their must take list.

It helps me alot w/ the runaway night time munchies and w/ sugar/carb cravings. If I take enough over time, and get my chromium stores back up, then it suppresses my appetite too. Taht's when I lower to a maintenance dose. I don' t have weight issues, except for needing to fit into my wedding dress in a mth and half, heehee. I'm only 121 lbs though, but candida and carb cravings are my main reasons for taking it. It helps w/ glucose metabolism too, and boosts your pancreas, so it keeps my blood sugar stable as well.

Jeanne
  6. Denamay

Denamay New Member