What About Feet Cramps

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by littlerose, Jun 13, 2003.

1. littlerose

littlerose New Member

Hi, this is my first post topic, but I have responded to two others. You see the little smiley fellow to the left? I just wonder if is feet ever gets cramps?;) Anyway,back to the subject. My Dr. put me on Zanaflex for the muscle spasmsm I have in my neck & upper & lower back, which seems to have helped a little, a little to me is better than nothing!!! But I still have alful, terrible, painful, etc. pain in the bottom of my feet, at the arch, undeneath the bottom of the big toe. I can move my foot or toes or just stretch my toes,foot or ankle's & my foot, goes into these painful cramps, that will draw my toes up into a curl. Does anyone else have this problem? If so, what has or hasn't help you? Other than just live with it, is there anything that anyone knows about or heard about that might help this problem? I have been taking potassium for years, I eat banana's like a monkey, & the Dr. says my potassium level is fine, so what is the problem? He doesn't know, maybe know one knows, but if you have any feedback that might be useful, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance!
    Have a Peaceful & restful, rest of the day!!!:)
    DeVon @};-
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Welcome to our board. I'm glad you found us.

I've had these cramps all my life. Since taking extra magnesium and Klonopin, they have really been decreased.

Love, Mikie
  3. shazz

shazz New Member

I get the same thing, and my toes do a little contortion act all on their own, they will even cross each other sometimes.
    I have noticed that when I dress for work if I wear high heels many days in a row this problem becomes more constant.
    It almost always happens at night to me.
    I am going to take the advice of the above posts as well.
    It hurts so bad, and my nieces really like to see my toes do their thing. LOL.
    Every time they are over they tell me to let them know if I start having those so they can watch.
    Weird though, the pain is mostly in my arches when this happens.
    Good luck.