"What about ME" Trailor of upcoming movie. Watch it !!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karinaxx, Jul 7, 2010.

1. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

Well done, i cannot wait to see full movie!

[This Message was Edited on 07/07/2010]
  2. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

I can't wait either. i need to show this to my husband. I haven't been able to really focus on any of this political stuff. I've been so consumed with trying to care for my son's huge needs while being sick. This is makes me so angry. What a bunch of @#$% those withholding help from us!

3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I was interviewed via telephone for this movie.....the person I talked to wanted to know about my experiences (physical , cognitive, with docs, what helps, what doesn't, how I hang onto hope, dealing with not being able to work - finances and loss of sense of purpose, social effects, how much life has changed, etc etc etc)....we also talked a lot about the whole history and the evil CDC, etc, XMRV, people's disbelief bc we don't look sick, etc, etc

very thorough interview, and the person was quite knowledgeable and very passionate about the project, very compassionate as well

I am really excited about this and hopeful that it will turn out great and get a lot of exposure (they do plan to try to release it in theaters, on TV, and in DVD form esp in the US and UK, but also worldwide)
  4. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

Great that you were one of the people interviewed.

I also thought the did an exceptional job.
    The person who impressed me the most was Dr. M. Hooper. His account of the child with ME/CFS being abducted from his parents by social services and pushed into the pool i heard before and is one of so many stories of children with ME being abused by government officials and even doctors.
    I would have my own stories to tell here, but i leave it at that: What has been done to all of us who suffer from ME is a crime against humanity !

5. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

Dr Hooper is awesome.....he is truly one of the CFS heroes

have you read his paper, "Magical Medicine, How to Make a Disease Disappear"? (It's kind of like the shorter UK version of Osler's Web, and it also includes a ton about the various physical abnormalities that have been found in CFS)
  6. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

I am so excited about this film. The quality of the film and the speakers are all wonderful from what i've seen. I'm sure it will be well done and a powerful representation of CFS.
    However, I have to say (as a US citizen)...i'm kinda feeling the UK trailer over the US trailer. I think it's messages are more powerful and specific. Im assuming we all see the same movie in the end of it all...right???

7. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

the UK version was stronger,
    But i liked the interview with Mikowich (spelling?)

I guess it is all parts of one movie and will be a strong movie anyway.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/10/2010]
  8. keke466

keke466 New Member

When is the movie supposed to be released?
  9. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I think they are hoping to release it sometime in 2011, but they don't have a set date, as far as I know.....when I was interviewed (about a month ago), they said that they were still in what they considered the very preliminary stages