What about those flu-like feelings. HELP!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nanswajo, Sep 21, 2005.

1. nanswajo

nanswajo New Member

I feel terrible today. I have felt like this before and it is awful and scarey. Does anyone else with FM feel like this sometimes too?

I feel like I have the flu but I have no fever. If anything my temp is low at 97 (but I don't ever check out as having thyroid problems).I absolutely ache all over. I feel clammy and hot although it is not hot. I hurt all over and feel like I can't do anything. I feel a little bit shaky like you do when you are sick. I am pasty white. I have loose bowels. Everything is such an effort.

This has happened to me before and lasted for about a week. I felt sooo sick but nothing was "wrong".

(Of all things, they came to pump the septic today. I am home on a day off and I got so sick from the smell and vapors that all I could do was gag and gag and lock myself in a small room.)

I called the nurse at the rheumatologist today and told her I was scared and she said she would talk to the doctor and get back to me. She is a relatively new dr. for me. I told the nurse my annual review at work was bad and they think I can't do my job anymore.

I have called an RN office where they do Lyme testing and I am getting those next week and have an apt Oct 25, but it is so hard to wait.

I am doing warm pool exercise therapy which really does help but I just could not go today.

So this is what I am doing to help myself and I am rambling and really I want to know has anyone ever felt this flu like thing....I'm really not a whiner!

Nancy

2. Mary100

Mary100 New Member

I fell icky sometimes, but not for that long. Is your blood sugar OK with the clamy feeling?

Come to think of it, i have had sinus infections that have knocked me out for a week or so, but not all the symptoms you mentioned. I hope the nurse calles you back soon.

I had to quit work last week. It is hard.

I hope things work out OK for you.

Mary
  3. nanswajo

nanswajo New Member

Bumping for myself. Maybe no one else has these symptoms?

I missed the call from my MD. Husband was on the line. Rats. Have to wait until tomorrow and I have to go to work tomorrow. Back to face my bosses who said they don't think I can handle my job. How awkward.

Nancy
  4. islands

islands New Member

When I am getting one of my real bad "episodes", it always starts with me feeling like I am getting the flu. My joints ache, my throat gets sore and the glands get swollen and my temp is always at 97 as well.
    That is always an alert to me that we are going to have a really bad week ahead.

I have found that a lot of stress will set this off with me, how about you?
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sixty to seventy percent of us with FMS and/or CFIDS test pos. for chronic stealth infections. It can take expensive PCR DNA tests to even turn up these hidden pathogens.

You may not run a temperature nor even have a high antibody count in routine blood work, but the infections can still make you sick and feel fluish.

More and more, docs are turning to antiviral drugs and antibiotics to see whether it helps with these symptoms.

Love, Mikie