What about toe cramps??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Suekoo, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Suekoo

Suekoo New Member

Lately, I have been getting toe cramps. Two days ago I had one so bad I had to hold on to it and pull it backwards for about 10 minutes before it would subside! Someone had said taking magnesium helped those things - I am taking it. Anyone else doing this ? What are you doing for it?
    [This Message was Edited on 09/20/2003]
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Good morning!

I have trouble with my feet and toes cramping. Do you take calcium or potassium? Along with the other supplements and meds I'm taking, this seems to have given some relief. Maybe even try putting some heat on that area might help some.

Hoping that maybe this helps!

Kim
  3. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

I SHOULD know about these things, but memory fails, and I'm too lazy to look it up. But, I remember going thru this, too. Cal/mag are both good for cramping, but I vaguely remember that one or the other interferes with Vit C. I also remember that when I experienced these cramps, it went away after increasing my Vit C.

Someone will probably bomb me and tell me my info is all wrong. Well, may be. But, vit C worked for me, so you might give it a try.

Good luck!
    Copper
  4. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Hi Suekoo!!! I have had toe cramp problems for a long time as well. I never mentioned it to my doctor because the toe cramps would only happen about once a month. What worked for me is magnesium and malic acid combination.

I take Source Naturals brand. It contains 424 mgs of magnesium and I think 800 mgs of malic acid. This supplement is cheap and it worked for me. You take 3 tablets a day with meals. After about 4 weeks of taking this, my toe cramps are GONE completely. Of course, what works for one might not work for another, but give it a try. Hugs, Chelz. PS, The cost is $8.25 for 90 tablets, look for it in health food stores. Good luck.
  5. Suekoo

Suekoo New Member

I take calcium 600mg, 1000mgs vitamin C, Vit E-400 and I take the ZMA at night which has some magnesium - not sure how much at the moment. I do have a bottle of Magnesium/Malic Acid but quit taking it when I started the ZMA because I thought it might be too much mag. I'll see what happens. I may need more potassium. I've been on Atkins though and you know how that goes with the fruit - or should I say, without the fruit.. Thanks!
  6. MrsRoseFromKy

MrsRoseFromKy New Member

Hi Suekoo,
    Do you take a fluid medication ?
    I take 2 lasix medications a day for fliud retention and they will cause you to have cramps.
    I was having leg and toe cramps really bad, My doctor told me that the fluid medication would pull Potassium from your body.
    So after I started taking potassium , I completely stopped have leg and toe cramps
    Judy
  7. Suekoo

Suekoo New Member

I do take water pills! Never thought about it. I will take potassium or eat more food that has it in it. THanks :)

[ advertisement ]