what age when start recieving ss disability

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by willruthie1965, Apr 7, 2006.

1. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

Jus wondering how old everyone was when applying or gettting social security Ruthie
  2. Dara

Dara New Member

and started receiving my SSD when I was 54.

Dara
  3. mildred623

mildred623 New Member

I started receiving mine when I was 29.
  4. suzetal

suzetal New Member

52 .Im now 53....Would rather be working.

Sue
  5. deb06

deb06 New Member

Hi, I started applying 4 years ago and just got approved in January. I am 41 yrs old now. I think we would all rather be working here. Luv, Deb
  6. andrea1459

andrea1459 New Member

I applied when I was 20, and got it at 21 years old. I am now 23.

andrea
  7. heathnicole

heathnicole New Member

How would one go about finding more info on disability.
    I am 23 and have been sick since 19. Any help would be great.
    Thanks
  8. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

willruthie:

50..............on it for six years now and will never go off of it.
  9. katsarecool

katsarecool New Member

I applied last July when I had just turned 55 and was approved in late Nov. I won't ever come off it either. I got it based on several medical issues. But I had a heart attack three weeks ago and I don't think my nerves will ever be well enough for me to hold down a job now. I can barely stay awake as it is.
  10. nonamesleft

nonamesleft New Member

I started receiving SSDI in September 2004 for depression and panic disorder. I am up for review in September 2007. I was diagnosed with FM 6 months ago. Is this considered a separate disability or do I just add it to the paperwork when review time comes?
  11. cerise

cerise New Member

I filed concurrent applications for SSDI and SSI in July 1995 at the age of 38. I waited 2 full years before I applied as I really thought I was going back to work after taking a Leave of Absence. After 2 years I had to face reality.

A couple months before my 49th birthday, I received a "partially favorable decision". In Dec. 2005 I started receiving SSI and my case is still pending appeal for SSDI and back benefits. I willl be 50 this year.

I was first diagnosed with CFS in 1987 right after my 30th birthday!
  12. Yucca13

Yucca13 Member

I was approved when I was 57. I agree with a few others, I'd rather be working.
  13. tammystar

tammystar New Member

I am/was a massage therapist and reflexologist, and LOVED my work. Late Dec. after my childrens father passed away and I hurt my Right rotator cuff and bracial plexus during a massage, I was diagnosied with fibromyaliga and chronic fatigue. Last week I signed papers with my lawyer, and have a phone interview with SSA on Wed. We are about to loose our home and just barely making the cut off date with our utilities, since Michael my husband also lost his job in Feb. Any suggestions on how to speed up the process? Some say the depression issue won theirs for them and others say don't even mention it! Peace Love Harmony to all. Tammy
  14. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

I just read that you are 23 you are so young to have to deal with this illness,SO sorry you feel so bad and didn't have more good years like the most of us before you got sick .Take care willruthie1965
  15. tandy

tandy New Member

I was 35 yrs old when I got approved.

I applied when I was 32 or 33??
    it took awhile but I won!!

hope this helps~
    and good luck on your case :)
  16. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

am now 31. AMY
  17. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I started at 42.

I was receiving private disability and hadn't applied for SSDI, as I thought that I would never get it, but in reality I was still in denial. Sure that a cure would come my way.

I was highly educated, and between injury and then the FM, I was not capable of anything.

The private company called and asked how my SSDI was coming and I said, what do you mean SSDI?

They said you have to apply, I said if I had a copy of the plan, I might know what my responsibilities are.

I applied, and the application isn't easy, in itself.

Then, I received word I had received it on my first try.

I CRIED. I WASN'T RICH, BUT I HAD ENOUGH TO SQUEAK BY WITH THE PRIVATE, AND BY GETTING SSDI, I KNEW I WAS REALLY, REALLY SICK, AND COULDN'T DELUDE MYSELF ANY LONGER.

I was really, really sick.

I know taht sounds ridiculous for all the people struggling, but I really hadn't wanted to admit it.
  18. JLH

JLH New Member

Retired at age 48 after working 30 years.

Was off work for 1 year, and applied for SSDI at age 49.

Won my SSDI 4 months later ... at 49-1/2 years.

I am now 55.
  19. rigby

rigby New Member

I started receiving SSD when I was 47 just now won case for for LTD from work took over 3 years but Unum paid me. Sharon