What amount of amalgams cause mercury toxicity?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by boltchik, Apr 20, 2007.

  1. boltchik

    boltchik New Member

    Hi, I have been reading info. lately on mercury toxicity related to amalgams/fillings. I only have one silver filling, which is starting to loosen a bit. My question is, do people with mercury toxicity have quite a large amount of amalgams, or does it only take one? I have pretty severe yeast issues also. Can anyone confirm a relationship between mercury toxicity and yeast problems?
    Thanks so much! Kim :)
  2. rockyjs

    rockyjs Member

    Kim, I don't think it's the number or size of fillings as much as your body's ability to grab and eliminate the mercury.

    I had severe toxicity and constant problems with yeast to the point that no dentist would even attempt to remove my fillings. I had sores on my tongue where it touched my fillings.

    I did quite a bit of research on mercury and natural chelating agents and found some rather obscure articles in journals on an amino acid called L-Histidine. I started taking it and within days the reaction to my fillings and my yeast infection were gone. Histidine is only considered an essential amino acid in children up to the age of two and the elderly, but I believe certain condtions may prevent our bodies from manufacturing enough.

    I experimented with varying amounts and settled on about 500-600 mg of histidine per day plus 25 mg zinc (taken at a different time of day). I have followed this protocol for 15 years and have never had a problem with yeast again or mercury reaction, even when a large filling was drilled out.

    As another side benefit my IBS symptoms also disappeared as long as I was taking histidine. I've recommended it for years for my clients and have seen some amazing results. I buy mine from JoMar Labs in California...for this application it's best to avoid the preparations containing B6.

    Jan
  3. monalisa3

    monalisa3 New Member

    Hi there, mercury toxicity and candida is an issue I have been heavily exploring recently. I am getting my amalgams (5) removed by a holistic dentist soon. Mercury in the body can contribute to causing candida together with long term use of antibiotics and high sugar diet. Overgrowth of candida in the gut can turn mercury into methylmercury (the most dangerous form) and this vicious cycle goes on and on. This can be confirmed by the many research articles and medical articles on the net. Just do a google search 'mercury toxicity and candida'. In terms of having only 1 amalgam and whether this can cause problems I'm entirely not sure. I think it's an individual thing as one dentist once explained in to me, it depends on your constitution. All I do know for a fact is that mercury does not belong in our bodies at all.

    In addition I have read and heard time and time again that some people who try to get rid of their yeast/candida problems only do so temporarily no matter how hard they try. For those people mercury proved to be the culprit. Once mercury was removed from the picture, they had more success in dealing with the candida once and for all.

    Hope this helps, you should do a google search. I have read some convincing articles and case studies. I have even come accross some people on this board who claim this to be true from personal experience.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/21/2007]
  4. boltchik

    boltchik New Member

    Jan-I am going to research L-Histidine. I have never heard of it, I am glad that it helped you. I am sorry that your toxicity got so bad, glad you are over that part of it. Thanks for letting me know where to purchase it also. Have a great day. Kim :)

    Monalisa-I was wondering the same thing where you wrote, that some people have tried to get rid of their yeast, but it returned again and again. So, if mercury is the culprit, then maybe the amalgams just need removed. I have seen a fibro specialist who suggests I go on probiotics and cut sugar out of my diet. Cutting sugar out of my diet sounds like absolutely no fun at all! :) But I need to try to see if it clears up the problem.

    I will also google mercury toxicity and candida and talk to my dr. and/or dentist about it. I think I would just like it removed, as you were saying, mercury has no place in the body. Thanks again, Kim:)
  5. monalisa3

    monalisa3 New Member

    Let us know how you go with your information gathering. I have scheduled an amalgam removal at my holistic dentist soon. Good luck with figuring it all out.....