What and where is the FFC you talk about

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Jun 18, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

I see many posts but meantion of the name just FFC. Thanks Carla
  2. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

FFC is the Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Centers. There are about 15 of them around the country. You can learn more about them at fibroandfatigue dot com or by calling their toll free number.

Many on this board have gone, myself included. If you do a search on FFC you can read about people's experiences.

They have literally saved my life by finally identifying the underlying causes of my lengthy illness including Lyme Disease.

Here is something I cut and pasted from their page:

Whether you have been diagnosed or misdiagnosed, whether you have been searching for years to get your life back to "normal" or you are just starting to feel it slip away - there is help and hope!

At Fibromyalgia & Fatigue Centers, Inc. (FFC) we specialize in treating the debilitating conditions known as Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue and Immune Dysfunction Syndrome and Unrelenting Fatigue.

We offer help through a successfully proven treatment protocol and have treated over 4,000 patients nationwide. It is through a holistic, integrated and comprehensive approach to the treatment of underlying physiological factors that differentiates our approach and ultimate patient success.

3. victoria

victoria New Member

in what they start off testing as well as how they treat some things.

I've noticed from reading posts from those that go to different centers that those who have been treated for Lyme have had somewhat different protocols...

and some centers deferred even testing for lyme or other stealth pathogens until 'other things' were addressed, which doesn't quite make sense to me -

if you have on ongoing infection of any type, seems to me it needs to be tested and treated right away based on the pt's clinical picture, regardless.

Hopefully with Dr. Teitlebaum becoming its medical director that will change.

all the best,
    Victoria

[This Message was Edited on 06/18/2006]
  4. deliarose

deliarose New Member

and one more thing.. I've never been to an FFC, but it seems clear from the feedback that some docs are better than others.

So it's prob. worth doing yr homework before settling on a center/doc.

delia
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

Thanks for the link, I will look later. My floor cleaner machine "Flip It" died tody :(, I always take things apart and see what I can do to fix. I am the Grand Dame of DIY. While I was sitting on the floor with legs out in front me, i got a sudden and horrible pain in my hip. MAJOR MUSCLE SPASM

I had to lay there for about ten minutes rubbing trying to release it. So I am filling my whirlpool as we speak. Thanks again, Carla