WHAT ANTIBIOTIC REGIMES HAVE YOU BEEN ON????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cobie, Sep 18, 2006.

1. cobie

cobie New Member

It would be interesting to gather information on what antibiotic regimes people have been on.Were they helpful, or harmful? Dose, time span , side effects etc.Were they given blind{did a blood test confirm infection]????. cheers cobie
  2. padre

padre New Member

One major issue of mine is continual sinus problems associated with allergy. I cannot take many antibotics and others no longer work. Just went on one standard Avelox daily. Had good results. It is related to Cipro.
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I am curently doing a three week trial on Zithromax. Just finished first week and I have noticed a reduction for sure in the head pains and some of the neck pain.

I am careful to take probiotics too.

I am taking 500mg three days a week for three weeks.

I chose Zithromax as I am med sensitive and I seem OK on this one(for me). I also had a mild UTI when I started that has cleared up and my IBS seemes improved.

I will post when I am through the three weeks.

Love Anne
  4. TerryS

TerryS Member

I'm new to this DD. Why would a CFS/FM patient be on an antibiotic regimen? Just curious...

My recent blood work showed a strep infection. My PCP said he didn't know how recent or past I had the infection and gave me a course of Zithromax (I'm allergic to penicillin).

TerryS
  5. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

For currently reactivated mycoplasma pnuemonia. So far I still feel pretty crummy, but I understand this is a hard bug to kill.

I am also taking probiotics and antifungals to prevent candida.
  6. cobie

cobie New Member

THANKYOU ALL for input! IT would be a great source of info for us all. Thanks Cobie
    Terrys Question. Putting it simply. Because the immune system is not functioning properly, virus and bacteria which possibly have been dormant for years in , reactivate when the immune system is impaired. There is lots of information on this website, look at Dr Cheneys articles. cheers cobie
  7. cobie

cobie New Member

BUMP!!!!!