What are everyone's EBV levels? anyone understand the levels?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jane32, Jan 31, 2006.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

I know mine are high but I just wanted to compare to others. I ma treating this with Valtrex.

EBV IGM .11 negative

EBV IGG 6.03 positive

EBV Nuclear AG 7.46 positive

Does anyone know what IGM is vs. IGG?? or AG?
  2. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

There have been many posts in the past few years with detailed information on how to interpret the titers. The problem is that different labs use different methods so you have to find the interpretation for the lab your doctor used.

You might try using different search terms in the upper left box to see if you can find the posts.

Jan
  3. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Jane: Now you have me thinking. My FFC doctor said I didn't have EBV yet to me my readings seem high. This is puzzling.

My Quest EBV Readings

EBV (iGG): 2.38 H

EBNA AB: 5.00 H

EBV (IGM): Negative

Was your test done through Quest?
  4. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

Jane,

If you go to Lab Tests Online and on the right test menu click on EBV antibodies you'll see a good explanation of the test and the importance of the various antibodies. (Keep clicking next at the bottom of each page to see the full explanation.)

Jan
  5. jane32

jane32 New Member

no mine was done through main line clinical labratories. A previous dr. did it before I want to the ffc. But it is the same as Quest's that is why the FFC did not redo it. I would ask your dr.
  6. GBHope

GBHope New Member

IgG 640 which stated for IgG recent infection. Just two months ago it was 160 which was high too and showed past infection. I know something's going on.

GBhope
  7. chrisy8

chrisy8 New Member

hi,

from what i understood from my doctor, IGG indicate weather you were infected before (in the past)with this virus or not. and IGM indication for weather you have the virus presently or not.

Chrisy