What are peptide injections and what do they do?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Apr 11, 2012.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I have been reading about these peptide injections and would like to know more about them. What are they and what do they do, or help with? What are they made off and where can I get them if I think they may help me?

Just a few questions, I am a bit slow catching on aobut the lateset and greatest treatments for fibro.
    Thanks for answering my question.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sick bodies have incorrect sequences of peptides, which produce amino acids, which produce proteins. Oxford University and a research laboratory has found out which incorrect peptides are present in different conditons. They have found a way to synthesize the correct sequences of peptides, which can be injected. After a while, the body learns how to produce the correct peptide sequences itself.

This is a very simplified version but the university and lab keep the info on how the sera are made very tightly guarded. You won't find much online. Several US pharmaceutical companies are in trials for RA and Diabetes. The Oxford injections have been used successfully in Europe for more than 30 yrs. This is old hat to them. They are now working on peptides for things like ALS, Parkinsons and Autism.

The success rate for the injections we are talking about here is more than 90 percent with virtually no negative side effects. Hope this helps.

Love, Mikie