What are the best non prescription medications?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sassykat, Oct 28, 2005.

1. sassykat

sassykat New Member

Being new to this whole situation, I would like to know from all your experiences what over the counter medications work best for pain, fatigue, and overall malaise? Thanks for any responses.
    Sassykat
  2. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I take aspirin if I get a headache, but nothing over the counter works for me.

I take Xyrem, Methadone, and Oxycodone for sleep and pain.

abbylee
  3. JPach007

JPach007 New Member

This will sound silly, but I took Cosequin dog pills for about 5 months. They are for joint pain. I found they helped alot for the joints, but not the muscles. Because of the number of pills I had to take each day, it got a bit expensive, so I stopped taking them.
  4. acesk

acesk New Member

Fibro Malic by Trask - it is malic acid and magnesium -helps me a lot with pain

Chondronion and glucocasamine (probably not right spelling!) has helped - it also has MSM in it

Cherry Flex pills - helps pain a lot

Sue in Florida
  5. Bambi

Bambi New Member

you, I never did. If it's due to no insurance it's probably cheaper, but don't be fooled thinking there are necessarily less side effects or less danger in OTC products. Everything you put on or in your body has some
    effect including food. So do check out the known side effects of whatever you decide to try. I"ve never been more sick than I was when I tried a couple of supplements, in my case that Q10 and Melatonin. Both caused me projectile vomitting and headache from outer space!
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

sassykat:
    I take ibuprofen.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  7. codinqueen

codinqueen New Member

Where do you get these Cherry Flex pills, and what is the actual brand name so I can try some?? Are these over the counter???

[ advertisement ]