What are the best shoes to wear at work and still....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SweetT, Sep 11, 2006.

1. SweetT

SweetT New Member

look business casual?

Dr. Scholls? Some othere brand?

My feet hurt an any shoe, no matter how comfortable the shoes start out. The soles of my feet start aching so badly. That's making it increasingly hard to walk.

I was thinking of Dr. Scholls because they have that double-padding in the shoe.

Any other suggestions?
  2. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Hi:

I wear rockport all the time if I am not in my tennis shoes. Also, I find that Land's End all-weather slip ons are also very comfy.

Ingrid
  3. mrsfie

mrsfie New Member

The tops of my feet hurt so bad due to arthritis. I have excess bone growth forming on top of the foot which makes it hard to find shoes period. Only solution surgery. Even tie shoes I have to leave the last two eyelets untied. I find that if I change shoes 2-3 times a day, I get relief just from the different style. Bummer, huh?

Sharon in St. Louis
  4. SweetT

SweetT New Member

so I need the extra insole padding of something like Dr. Scholls or Rockport.
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

I like Rockports too. But my favorite is Easy Spirit. I have basic slip on flats, a pair that tie (sleek not old lady like), a pair of mules (love those so comfy) and a pair of heels, plus tennis shoes.

They are a little more pricey than others but sooooo worth it. The ones I have, I bought 5 years ago and are still in great shape.

Look for sales then buy several pair, that is what I did. Now that I don't work I haven't had to replace them.

They make a lot of styles and colors now- happy shopping-Carla

6. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

is supposed to be very comfortable and they have a line of business casual shoes. I have never tried them, but have seen them online and in stores.

I love New Balance. They feel good (I have plantar fasciitis), but may be too casual for your work.

Linda
  7. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

these are european shoes that have a removeable cork insole. They are quite exspensive, but they are all I can wear for work (hairstylist so on my feet ALL the time when working).

The ones I have have a slightly higher heel which puts your foot at the perfect angle to releive pain and pressure on your back. They come in clogs or slip-ins or tie up. Mine have a zipper on each size and are very attractive.

I have replaced the insoles once already. The cork forms to the shape of your foot making it very comfy, and they co have a built in arch support.

Raz
  8. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

was a brand that worked for me standing eight hours on concrete. They weren't especially cushioned compared to some others, but gave the kind of firm support I needed for all day.

Dr. Scholl's orthopedic inserts (added arch support), not the regular foam or gel inserts of that brand, made some less expensive shoes I owned work very well also.

I'm glad to be home now and off my feet.
  9. calishygirl

calishygirl New Member

Most towns/cities have SAS Shoe stores, but they also have a catalog. I buy their slip on shoes that are on a moccasin style shoe. They have some really cute shoes but they are expensive but they are worth the cost. I bought a pair in 2000 and they still look new. They wear quite well, and have a great insole that has not broken down.

check out Birkenstocks too.

calishygirl
  10. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

You're right about Dr Scholl's shoes.

You can find them for reasonable prices and several different styles at www.drleonards.com.

I buy my shoes from them ALWAYS.
    Lea.
  11. Kayleen

Kayleen New Member

My podiatrist recommended Birkenstocks. Now that I have them I can't walk in anything else. They are expensive but at least I can walk. They come in so many colors and styles. They even look good with skirts.

K
  12. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

They are like wearing bedroom slippers all the time.
    Good luck to you,
    Mary
  13. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I love Soft Spots shoes. There are different styles-some are dressier than others. The kind I buy are $50.00 and last for years. You can get them through J.C. Penney and Old Pueblo Traders catalogs. For tennis shoes I like Reeboks. I always wear low heels. For sandals, I always get ones with padded insoles and low heels-Hush Puppies are good and last a long time.

Ellen
  14. Birkenstock , hands down they are worth the money as they last forever and love your feet!