What are the latest meds for FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ldlmullins, Nov 9, 2005.

1. ldlmullins

ldlmullins New Member

Can anyone tell me what the latest meds are for FM? I have just recently move to a new part of the country and have an appointment 12/7 with a rheumatologist and I need to know if he is up on his stuff.
  2. tonakay

tonakay New Member

but here's a bump back to page one...
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I take it with nuontrin.Helps take the edge off my pain.

I take 90mg of cymbalta at noon.I take 600mg of nuontrin 3 times a day.

There has been a lot of news on the cymbalta it is a fairly new drug .A lot take it for FM & CFS .At least I think they do from what Ive heard.
    Sue
  4. Sachmo

Sachmo New Member

I just started taking Mirapex. I also take Cymbalta.
  5. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Word is spreading that neurofeedback is helping w/Fibro, Chronic Fatigue and all the symptoms that go along with that.

Just another approach.

LIGHT*********carole
  6. Empower

Empower New Member

7. Bambi

Bambi New Member

is it? Like Biofeedback or???? As far as meds go there isn't anything particularly new except the Cybalta or whatever it is..I think another antidepressant. I think the one person meant she takes Neurontin? Maybe that's not spelled right either. It's an anti seizure med I think, it didn't work for me but does seem to help some, not new though. Try a search on it with Google, Yahoo and other searches. I don't think there's much new.
  8. dononagin

dononagin New Member

seems to be the newest.. I'm on 120 mg a day.. I think it's helping some.. less hip pain.. I feel a little less foggy..a little more focused..
    not everyone can take it it seems.. took me about a month to get over the side effects.
  9. schaken

schaken New Member

Cymbalta> I take 60 mg 2xs daily. Also milnapricin drug studies on going.

Leslie