What are the most fun or goofy websites you've been to?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by zenouchy, Nov 21, 2006.

1. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hi Folks,

A few fun websites that I've come across (*that don't sell anything*) are:

1. www.jacksonpollock.org A must see! You'll get hooked on this one. Just click your mouse to change colors (you'll see...).

2. www.tomslighthouse.net/special/Socks.swf This website is one of the dorkiest I've seen.

When you get there, match up the socks and see what happens. Looks like the programmer needs a love match more than a sock match!

3. johnnylechner's website. Can't tell you the exact address because he solicits donations, although you can figure out the address very easily. He's a 31-year old college student at U. of Wisonsin- Whitewater who has been attending college there for 13 years.

If you ask me, he's a quite pathetic to ask people to donate money to him so he can enjoy college for over a decade. Jeez. I like to check out his website to read his his blog for signs of him growing up a little bit. Haven't seen much indication of that yet. He reminds me of Sam Malone on Cheers.

What are your faves?

- Erika :)

2. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I like the Jackson Pollock site, especially.

I downloaded something called Stumble, which links to all sorts of fun sites: magic/illusion, humor, literature, movies, books, astronomy, oddities...

I've also been enjoying Youtube lately.
  3. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I found this site by using a search engine while feeling rather... bored. :) It's mostly lame, but it's a time passer. Some of the links are pretty good.

Also fun (for a little while) is whatever you get by typing "free personality test" or something like that into a search engine.
  4. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

The document when I kept the addresses of occasionally visited websites died recently, so I can no longer give you the URL for the sheep herding game, online bubbly wrap popping, or online litebrite. I do have a couple of interesting ones in my browser bookmarks.

Click on the horses in the Equine Quartet to get them to sing : svt.se/hogafflahage/hogafflaHage_site/Kor/hestekor.swf

If you like to read poetry go to American Poems : www.americanpoems.com/

Are you sure that ‘n’ belongs in Johnny’s last name?
  5. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Kholmes, Shannonsparkles, Lindy139, and LittleBluestem,

Thanks for the great responses! Hope y'all are doing well. Forgive me for not responding individually. I'm in a stomach bug, tired/dazed state here.

I'll have to check out the websites you mentioned. Surfing the web is a nice thing to do when you're feeling under the weather and have a short attention span (kind of like now....)

Just thought of another silly/dorky website for you all that my cousin shared with me years ago when he was job hunting: oddtodd.com

Kholmes, I've totally heard of Utube but haven't checked it out yet. I've heard it's hilarious. Glad you liked the Pollock site. I've never heard of Stumble. How did you hear of it, or stumble upon it rather? It sounds cool.

Shannon, thanks for sharing the bored.com website. Ya never know, there might be something good. Also, I love personality tests; I used to take those a bunch when I was younger. Have you heard of the Meyers/Briggs personality test? It's very interesting. You can most likely google it and find out more info.

Lindy, thanks for sharing the goofy website your hubby found. I look forward to checking it out. I'm always amazed at how creative people can be. I agree: Johnny Lechner is quite nervy, yet he gets so much positive attention from people.

Littlebluestem, your screen name is neat; how did you come up with it? The equine horse website sounds fun. I love horses and most animals actually. I agree with you: I think Lechner probably should leave the "n" out of his last name! Wonder if anyone's ever suggested that too him....

Thanks y'all again for sharing. It's fun to check out new websites and laugh when you're feeling droopy.

Take care and Happy Thanksgiving, Erika
  6. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Your bio pic is HILARIOUS!! Can't wait to show my husband that one. Thanks responding and for sharing your fave website. It will be fun to check it out!

All the best, Erika :)
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I'm going to check all of these out.

In the meantime, here's one where you can do some colorful, electronic doodling.

Hey, turns out the site I posted is similar to the Jackson Pollack site.[This Message was Edited on 11/23/2006]
  8. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I see individual replies to each of us in your post. I see no reason to take the extra time and space to make four separate posts out of it.

Little Bluestem is one of several varieties of bluestem grass that are native to Illinois, where I live. Big Bluestem is our state grass. I chose Little Bluestem as a screen name since I am a small person. (Gee, “screen name” sounds like I am a movie star!)

Maybe, someday, I will get a photo of some bluestem grass, scan it, and put it in my profile. Don’t hold your breath, though.
  9. Callum

Callum New Member

I don't want to offend anyone who might be a fan of her personal site - but I must say I go to give my self a good laugh. It helps if you have speakers, as she will welcome you, in that voice reminiscent of Paula Abdul on helium, to her paradise...

Another guilty pleasure (pun intended) is the Barbra Streisand site that has a section devoted to links on current event articles from around the country - all with her liberal bent, of course, but even if you find her politics distasteful, it is an impressive amount of work (for someone) to find all of these articles.

The chit chat board on immunesupport.com is also a guilty pleasure. Perhaps you've heard of it?

10. Callum

Callum New Member

... television without pity - a site that recaps weekly shows with a very funny, caustic, sardonic eye.

11. mildred623

mildred623 New Member

Another one to check out is bored.com. There are all sorts of things to do when your "bored". I believe this also has a link to the site someone else mentioned about bubble popping game.
  12. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hey Rockgor, your website DOES look like pollock's website. Pretty cool! How was your Thanksgiving? Did you eat some white turkey?

Littlebluestem, very interesting about the grass. My dad was born and raised in Chicago (but doesn't live there anymore). I never knew about the grass. I just saw your pic and profile where you explain it now. DOINK on me. The horses are gorgeous!

Callum, now just how did you discover Melanie Griffith's website, eh? I think you find her both intriguing AND cheesy. OMG, I just went to her site out of curiosity, and it's way over the top, just like some of her acting. The way she talks on her site, it sounds like she's joined a cult. I think she takes herself just "a little" too seriously. The BS website sounds funny too (BS-Barbara Streisand- abbreviation intended). *What tv website were you referring to? Sounds funny. I enjoy sardonic wit.

Mildred, my hubby is from Dayton, OH. How do you like living there? I'll have to check out bored.com.

Thanks y'all (TX speak here) for sharing the websites. It was fun!

Be good, Erika
  13. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I play the sling shot one the most, it's good for getting the Brain Muscles excerised, and ready for the day, lol,

Have fun
  14. Callum

Callum New Member

Television without pity is the website (without the spaces and www. and .com, of course)

I found the Melanie Griffith site through a co-worker who was obsessed with her.

Now, as for Babs... I know she's not everyone's cup of tea, but I've been a fan since I was 11 and heard her version of "When the Sun Comes Out." Okay, maybe I was twelve...
  15. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hi Y'all

Bruin, thanks for sharing your website. I checked it out for a few minutes. It looks very cute and kid-friendly! I'm going to share it with my nieces.

Callum, I like Streisand ok (she's undeniabley talented), however if were to have a "residual leftover nostalgic childhood singer fave" (such a concise way of phrasing it), it would be definitely Barry Manilow. The tv website you shared is is too good. The writing style is wonderfully dry and sarcastic. Love it!

Be good, Erika