What are the symptoms of Tendonitus?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Charleneyz1984, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Charleneyz1984

Charleneyz1984 New Member

Can anyone help me with this, think i may have it but was wondering if you could tell me the symptoms you experience.

Thanks
    Char
  2. bozey

bozey New Member

tendonitis in my left shoulder and it really hurts when it gets inflamed. The pain got so bad that they thought I might have a rotator cuff tear. But after tests, it is tendonitis. Mine starts with like burning and then still burns with like numbness in the area. It hurts worse by using it or by the weight of my arm some days. If I pamper my arm for a few weeks, the inflammation dies down. Until I lift something heavy again and then it starts all over again. Where is your pain?

bozey
  3. Charleneyz1984

Charleneyz1984 New Member

Thanks

Yes mine is in my shoulder and it does sound very similar.

I also get real shooting pains down my arms and into my hands which then result in my hands being so unbelievably painful so i cant use them. Could that also be this?

Charlen
  4. tonakay

tonakay New Member

5. bozey

bozey New Member

it very well could be. Mine was like that a few years ago when it started. I haven't worked since Feb. and mine stays calm most of the time since I can think about what I am doing and not in a work situation where you don't realize how much you put it through until you get home and the pain intensifies and by then it is too late.

I remember 2 years ago when I worked at Schnucks in the meat department and had to stock lunch meats, raising my arm over my head for 4 hours straight, I would come home and go straight to a heating pad which did not help at all. Found out I should of been using ice. I would actually cry it hurt so bad. And it stayed inflammed for such a long time.

At the time I was also having carpal tunnel problems so I had the surgery done for that and the Doc thought maybe the two problems were related and the having the surgery would fix the shoulder too but I didn't get that lucky.

My shoulder is hurting right now but not near what it used to when I was working.

Like I said, sometimes just the weight of my arm makes the pain worse when it is inflammed. My Doc said to put it in a sling if it helps ease the pain.

To find out for sure, I would say have your doc do an x-ray or an MRI. They found mine on an MRI. And mine also has bursitis and arthritis in it.

Certainly not fun to live with. Just another dx to add to the list.

I hope yours feels better soon. If I were you, I would use ice for 20 minutes a few times a day to see if that helps.

bozey

6. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I don't know what part you are concerned about but I have it in my wrists. All docs I have seen about it say it is not carpal tunnel because I do not have numbness or tingling in my fingers.

What I have is just a pain in my wrist and I will try to tell you where. If you take turn your right wrist to the side (thumb facing up) and take a finger on your left hand, place it on your right thumb on the palm side of the nail, then trace a line down your thumb to a point just below the heel of your hand, you should feel a small bone right there and that is about where I have pain.

I have wrist braces that I wear when this gets bad that help and at work I have an ergonomic keyboard from Microsoft that vitually eliminates the pain and allows me to work without the braces.

I hope that helps!
    Sonya