what are yo doing for fibro day may 12th

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clerty, Apr 22, 2007.

1. clerty

clerty New Member

I am afraid to say I am not planning anything no energy?

Certyx
  2. Suzan

Suzan New Member

One thing I do year round is try to help anyone that is interested to understand that this is a REAL illness..that effects many people..and can be very dibilitating for those who suffer with it. I think that the more we talk about it..and convince others around us that it is REAL...then we can make more and more progress about fixing it!
  3. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I didn't know there was such a thing!

Kellyann
  4. clerty

clerty New Member

yes and a great job you are doing well done!!!

hows Germany?
    I know if a site that might welcome your posts how do I get it to you?
  5. balletdancer74

balletdancer74 New Member

and wearing my royal blue ribbon (or purple) proud as well as handing them out to everyone who comes my way. I'll also be posting (or having someone do it for me seeing as I never know how I'll feel each day! lol) Awareness posters in all of the shops, libraries, etc. in my area.

Each year, my area has been quite open to awareness. I had an article written (front page - woo hoo! lol) for my local paper six years ago, but it's time for them to do another one - more updated...been contacting all the local papers big and small...

Good luck everyone!

Warmly,
    LB32 (Leeza)

p.s.
    If you're curious, I have FM/MPS complex, ME/CFS, etc., so I don't "discriminate." :)
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Actually what I'm doing has nothing to do with FM...

But it will be a great day. My DIL is graduating from law school. How thrilling that will be.

Also, my granddaugther will be 14 years old. Of course, we won't be able to attend her party as we will be in Seattle at the graduation.

So, that's my plan.

Anyway, the date just struck me and I wanted to share my fun time planned for that day.

Sue
  7. clerty

clerty New Member

very nice a good postive day !!!
  8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Your repsonse was very nice....made me feel good that someone understood my excitement. You are a very nice person...I have enjoyed reading your posts.

Now, all that activity is going to be challenging because I am very tired and very achy...but, come H*** or high water, I'm going to the graduation. My husband is a real sweetie and so helpful. Also, my son will help, also. I am a very fortunate person.

The only bad part of the day will be...my ex-husband will be there...he is the father of my sons. And, it is his right to be there, but I just can't stand to be around him. Thankfully, I have Jim and he makes things so much easier for me.

Now, where did all that come from? (-: I don't know. I promise I won't bend your ear next time you drop just a little note.

Hope today was good.

Sue
  9. clerty

clerty New Member

you have something to say then this is the place even if it sems daft sure a few weeks ago I was thinking terrible thoughts due to sleep problems now thank god I know it was just this ruddy depression it comes and goes anyway you have a great day and let me know how it went regarding your ex you have more important things to worry about why waste your energy and make yourself ill.

Clertyx
  10. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

One way that takes no energy to handle doing much excess work but can make a difference is to go on the message board find one of these messages boards where it really may impact someone, but also may really make someone undersand the nature of what we have and how we feel by what people written and take that and copy it by using your mouse and paste it to a email and send it to some freinds and/or family members who just don't get it. I mean they really just don't get it and send it to them. I have done that recently with a few of these message boards and I think I findly got through to a few people especially my sister. I am so sick of her saying oh you should do this or that. So make it a day that you find some good article and messages that may be sad, may be informative or down right depressing but are from the heart and send it to someone who needs a wake up call.
  11. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

I don't have much strength, but I plan to write at least one and maybe more letters.

The CFIDS Association of America Inc. will send you an information packet which contains sample letters you can use word for word, and it has lots of other useful information included also. Their phone # is 800-442-3437. Their resource # is 704-365-2343. You can also write to:

CFIDS Association of America Inc.
    6827 Fairview Road
    Suite A
    Charlotte, NC 28210

I hope many of us will join in raising awareness of FM/CFS.

Thank You!

Debbie
    [This Message was Edited on 04/23/2007]
  12. ETN

ETN New Member

I am not sure what I will be doing exactly!

But what is so funny is that my last son was born on May 12, 1999
    This is when the journey really began for me..I have been sick literally since I was little with various things but have been VERY ill since he was born.

Kinda funny how he was born on May 12 and I suffer with this lovely thing...

:)
  13. ETN

ETN New Member

I am not sure what I will be doing exactly!

But what is so funny is that my last son was born on May 12, 1999
    This is when the journey really began for me..I have been sick literally since I was little with various things but have been VERY ill since he was born.

Kinda funny how he was born on May 12 and I suffer with this lovely thing...

:)
  14. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

Hi Clerty, Iam like you no energy to do much but would like to next year. I agree with other person who replied you are a very nice person!
    this year will let family and friends know what FM is all about, have send then a site but ofcourse whether they access it or not is another thing hey

good luck love n healing light
  15. clerty

clerty New Member

I cant get into the chat rooms problems with my computer
    I have tried to add Java but no luck !!!

Clertyx

16. clerty

clerty New Member

I will prickles

Clertyx
  17. mindbender

mindbender New Member

18. mary124

mary124 New Member

I didn't know there was such a day. But i will wear a blue pin to promote it. As to do anything else, I'll be in Houston for my Niece's graduation from College, (graduates with top honors!!!)